Official Omega 3D passive projection system thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #361 of 633 Old 07-24-2013, 06:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I had/have some dust problem with my W1070 and decided to some cleaning. Suspected that dust may be inside light engine and it was there. Here is some pics about the dust problem and you can get nice look inside. I think i will try to make filter that can be installed from "service" hole if filter that can go through that hole is big enough. I used lenspen for cleaning and it seems that brush did some scratches to mirror(very hard to see, don't think it will affect image but be careful). There is still some dust and i think some dust can go inside anyway...

PS.What is best way to clean these as dust just seem to like to hang on these.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 633 Old 07-24-2013, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I was going to suggest a Zerostat anti-static gun, but they are a hundred bucks now.

I have one I bought in the 80's, in a LP cleaning kit for $20, plus it included cleaning fluid with a dust swipe.

I read where a guy suggests a modified BBQ lighter http://www.stereophile.com/content/milty-zerostat-3
post #363 of 633 Old 07-24-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMiR View Post

I hope there is a way to use those "K5000" SLI enabled to get playable frame rates at 1080p 60hz wink.gif

I thought you were hacking your GTX GPU into a Quadro?

Nvidia unveiled their K6000 at Siggraph today. It's pretty beefy

•12GB ultra-fast GDDR5 graphics memory
•2,880 streaming multiprocessor (SMX) cores
post #364 of 633 Old 07-25-2013, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugrash View Post

I thought you were hacking your GTX GPU into a Quadro?

Nvidia unveiled their K6000 at Siggraph today. It's pretty beefy

•12GB ultra-fast GDDR5 graphics memory
•2,880 streaming multiprocessor (SMX) cores

Yes i'm hacking GTX670 to "K5000".
That K6000 looks like a nice card. It is 780/TITAN pro counterpart and i think there will be way to hack both of those to "K6000". With hacked 780/TITAN there would be good frame rates when gaming 1080p 60hz 3D without SLI. I think i will get one of those 780's and look if it is possible.
post #365 of 633 Old 07-25-2013, 07:37 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

I had/have some dust problem with my W1070 and decided to some cleaning. Suspected that dust may be inside light engine and it was there. Here is some pics about the dust problem and you can get nice look inside. I think i will try to make filter that can be installed from "service" hole if filter that can go through that hole is big enough. I used lenspen for cleaning and it seems that brush did some scratches to mirror(very hard to see, don't think it will affect image but be careful). There is still some dust and i think some dust can go inside anyway...

PS.What is best way to clean these as dust just seem to like to hang on these.

Static is your problem but cleaning optics is not tricky, you need Some good quality Alcohol (not rubbing alcohol)and a lint free lab towel.
Saturate the lab towel and wipe the mirror gently, then blow it off with a puffer of some sort.(nasal aspirator for kids work good, just make sure there are no boogers in there)
Wiping mirrors with dry brushes is not a good idea.
After you puff it off seal it up.
Minor scratches on mirrors will probably not effect the image quality.
post #366 of 633 Old 07-25-2013, 11:51 AM

I just came across a wbsite selling Omega 3D filters/glasses http://www.studio3d.com/omega3d/index.html

Is this your website motorman45?
post #367 of 633 Old 07-25-2013, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

I just came across a wbsite selling Omega 3D filters/glasses http://www.studio3d.com/omega3d/index.html

Is this your website motorman45?

no not my site but he is a dealer of our products, one of the first we had, a good guy with many years offering 3d products.

post #368 of 633 Old 07-25-2013, 07:51 PM

Yah, I kinda figured it wasn't your site simply due to the fixed filter mounting offered in the dual PJ rack. I was certain, you would have offered/designed something adjustable for the lens mounting.

While I can in no way be certain due to not knowing the characteristics of the projectors in each picture, but my assuption is that they show poor filter placement in most, if not all of them.

This was another clue that it may not be your site. Just pointing it out, for what it's worth.

I hope all is going well and that more and more people are happilly using Omega filtering technolgy day by day.
post #369 of 633 Old 07-26-2013, 03:14 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Yes i'm hacking GTX670 to "K5000".
That K6000 looks like a nice card. It is 780/TITAN pro counterpart and i think there will be way to hack both of those to "K6000". With hacked 780/TITAN there would be good frame rates when gaming 1080p 60hz 3D without SLI. I think i will get one of those 780's and look if it is possible.

I agree with you. A modded geforce gtx 780 into K6000 would have enough horsepower for 1080p 60hz 3D but a single gtx 680 would have problems running games smoothly when keeping the graphic options on ultra or very high in games.
post #370 of 633 Old 07-26-2013, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulnight View Post

I agree with you. A modded geforce gtx 780 into K6000 would have enough horsepower for 1080p 60hz 3D but a single gtx 680 would have problems running games smoothly when keeping the graphic options on ultra or very high in games.

allthough if you use tridef power3d saves lot´s of power and is pretty good in many games.
but offcourse raw power is always rawpower and there is never too much
post #371 of 633 Old 07-26-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaan Janne View Post

allthough if you use tridef power3d saves lot´s of power and is pretty good in many games.
but offcourse raw power is always rawpower and there is never too much

But power3d from tridef has "false 3D" like for crysis 2 ...
post #372 of 633 Old 07-26-2013, 11:36 PM

i have not tried it on crysis 2, i found it crappy at the best in 2d . i used tridef with crysis 3 , allthough then i played with passive 3d at my asus passive display that uses line interlaced 3d
it looked many times better with tridef than with games own 3d enabled + it runned 45-70 about frames with single gtx660ti / vs. under 30 fps about allthe time with games own 3d . just at the wery end i had to use the games own 3d course tridef drivers started to hang and the game crashed to windows at random time.

But i´ll hail my greetings to Tridef for good 3d experience with my budget 660ti.

what is "false 3d " ?
if you watch an erotic dance number by a great looking girl does it matter at the end if it was a man, if you found it exiting ?
post #373 of 633 Old 07-29-2013, 06:26 AM

I'm planning to buy Da-Lite HP 2.4 screen and wondering if it's any good for Omega 3D?
post #374 of 633 Old 07-29-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:

I'm planning to buy Da-Lite HP 2.4 screen and wondering if it's any good for Omega 3D?

It will work but you don't have to have a Silver screen for it to work
post #375 of 633 Old 07-31-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman45 View Post

the right should not be darker than the left , but from the photo it looks like slight angle differances between the mountings of the filters may be making this happen. both filters need to be 90 deg to the image beam for ideal performance, try adjusting them a little.
Moved them 90 deg and closer to the lens,that helped,cheers
post #376 of 633 Old 08-01-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:

Keep in mind that when using a high gain sceen the viewing angle is somewhat narrow.

Viewers off to the side lose the benifits of the increased gain and can experience color shift from being off axis.

Also high gain screens limit your projector and screen placement in relation to the horizontal viewing plane of the audience.
post #377 of 633 Old 08-07-2013, 01:56 AM

I have done a bit of testing with Omega 3D filters and two W1070. Colors seems to be real issue with W1070 it seems. I seem to get no green from other projector when filter is mounted(at the moment, front of pj's). When using green shades to test and it's like no green at all from other filter, other looks great. Have moving filters around, adjusting colors but nothing seems to help. No matter if i look through glasses or not. It looks just same. Color difference is real big at the moment on my system. I can post pics about this problem later but basically green=yellow at the moment. Is there anything i can do about this?
post #378 of 633 Old 08-07-2013, 02:35 AM

Quote:

I have done a bit of testing with Omega 3D filters and two W1070. Colors seems to be real issue with W1070 it seems. I seem to get no green from other projector when filter is mounted(at the moment, front of pj's). When using green shades to test and it's like no green at all from other filter, other looks great. Have moving filters around, adjusting colors but nothing seems to help. No matter if i look through glasses or not. It looks just same. Color difference is real big at the moment on my system. I can post pics about this problem later but basically green=yellow at the moment. Is there anything i can do about this?

tHE W1070 HAVING MAX THROW OF 1.5 IS NOT THE BEST FOR THESE FILTERS IF YOU WANT COLOUR UNIFORMITY WITH BOTH PICTURES.

Ive bought the internal filter kit to hopefully solve this problem, just hope the w1070 don,t have an faults in future as will be losing warranty by opening my 2 w1070's when I do finally get room finished and ready to mount the w1070's.

If id had a 3ft longer room I WOULD of bought optoma instead, because they have better throw for these filters and the hd33 also has the option to choose to just show the 3D's L or R image, hence no need for 3dxl or geo 201 box.
post #379 of 633 Old 08-07-2013, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbloodyskint View Post

tHE W1070 HAVING MAX THROW OF 1.5 IS NOT THE BEST FOR THESE FILTERS IF YOU WANT COLOUR UNIFORMITY WITH BOTH PICTURES.

Ive bought the internal filter kit to hopefully solve this problem, just hope the w1070 don,t have an faults in future as will be losing warranty by opening my 2 w1070's when I do finally get room finished and ready to mount the w1070's.

If id had a 3ft longer room I WOULD of bought optoma instead, because they have better throw for these filters and the hd33 also has the option to choose to just show the 3D's L or R image, hence no need for 3dxl or geo 201 box.

I know limitations of W1070. After couple hours of gaming with tridef 3D dual projection output(it is sync with kepler GPU it seems) this color difference seems to be no big issuel(need more testing), colors looked great. Now i just need to make some servo controlled filter kit(inside), so i can use 2D without filters.

PS.too bad my 670 to K5000 did not worked out as hoped smile.gif. It's K5000 at the moment and Quadro drivers is installed but no actual K5000 features enabled. So tridef 3D is only way to game for some time at least. Maybe i will go and buy Q2000 for movies...
post #380 of 633 Old 08-07-2013, 02:32 PM

You do realize that this is an anaglyph stereoscopic solution.

You will never have both images at 100% color, because if you do there will not be a 3D effect.

You might try downloading Nvidia's standalone Mosaic driver, perhaps it's not packaged with Quadro drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/mosaic-utility.html

After hacking your card did you clean out the registry, perhaps it might help.
post #381 of 633 Old 08-07-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:

You do realize that this is an anaglyph stereoscopic solution.

You will never have both images at 100% color, because if you do there will not be a 3D effect.

You might try downloading Nvidia's standalone Mosaic driver, perhaps it's not packaged with Quadro drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/mosaic-utility.html

After hacking your card did you clean out the registry, perhaps it might help.

Did try Mosaic utility(it is just command line tool btw) but no able to do 1X2 grid. Normally Mosaic is in nvidia control panel in workstation tree. There was no workstation tree for me and control panel was 100% same as when card was before mod. I got worksation tree(only ECC option) after flashed K5000 bios and then back to 670 bios(33kb leftovers from K5000 bios that contain at least some code for ECC). Did registry cleaning and tried several drivers. Did try nVidia inspector and 3D stereo settings that are there but without any succes. I'm starting to think that dual projection passive with 3D vision is not going to happen. For good FPS one need K6000 that will cost quite a lot of money(way too much for me). It is hard to see that nVidia enables those "pro" 3D vision features for Geforce users.

After some hours of gaming with tridef dual projection i'm 100% sure that outputs are synced so that is nice one. Too bad there is no support for DX10 or 11 and there might never be...
post #382 of 633 Old 08-08-2013, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

using your current graphics card you could also simply get the 201 demultiplexer we offer for $699 and any game that can output in stereo mode will be split. i run this setup and it games perfectly.

post #383 of 633 Old 08-09-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman45 View Post

using your current graphics card you could also simply get the 201 demultiplexer we offer for $699 and any game that can output in stereo mode will be split. i run this setup and it games perfectly.

Not like to add more hardware. These things will always increase latency. W1070 has very low input lag so maybe adding 201 is not too bad. I think however that 201 do not support 1080p 120hz input? 1080p 60hz 3D was one of the key features i was looking when started this project. There is one demultiplexer that suport 3D vision and 1080p 120hz but it is quite expensive. If 201 can be made seen as Generic CRT(this is how 3D vis sees my 2560x1600 monitor), then it is possible to do 720p 120hz 3D vision(or 1080p if 201 support it). 3D Vision with helix mods is something i do not want to left behind. There is so many games now that works 100% correct in stereo with 3Dvision+helixmod and now that helix is working with DX11 wrapper, 3D vision future looks quite good too.

PS.Link to Helix Mod to see what i do not want to miss smile.gif ---> Helix Mod
post #384 of 633 Old 08-14-2013, 02:14 PM

what was the word about sonys lcos projectors, the dlp technic was the most compatible with omega filtters but how about Lcos ?
sony seems great in terms of black level and audible noise.
post #385 of 633 Old 08-15-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaan Janne View Post

what was the word about sonys lcos projectors, the dlp technic was the most compatible with omega filtters but how about Lcos ?
sony seems great in terms of black level and audible noise.

im planning to buy a new set of 2 and" i don´t wan´t now rainbow, i just wanna a shy guy" on my pherical vision, so how has sony owners reported, how´s your filtters treating sony hw30 or 50 ?
motoman to please answer the call ?
post #386 of 633 Old 08-17-2013, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

i have some end users with the newer sony projectors that find my lcd version optics perfect with the sony. there is a color differance between eyes in some hues but it is all a personal view. when viewing with both eyes as we see movies the images are great. i know some will dissagree and want exact color balance when looking with one eye closed.
you would have the highest extiction or lowest crosstalk of any 3d system, the best black levels and no rainbow effect. i have a group of pro av guys using my large filters with new sony 4k projectors in a profettional rear projection 3d simulator that find our system ideal ( cant do rear pro with polarizers anyhow )

i wish i had some to test and post results but the sony are better than any other lcd projector ive seen.

post #387 of 633 Old 08-17-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:

Not like to add more hardware. These things will always increase latency. W1070 has very low input lag so maybe adding 201 is not too bad. I think however that 201 do not support 1080p 120hz input? 1080p 60hz 3D was one of the key features i was looking when started this project. There is one demultiplexer that suport 3D vision and 1080p 120hz but it is quite expensive. If 201 can be made seen as Generic CRT(this is how 3D vis sees my 2560x1600 monitor), then it is possible to do 720p 120hz 3D vision(or 1080p if 201 support it). 3D Vision with helix mods is something i do not want to left behind. There is so many games now that works 100% correct in stereo with 3Dvision+helixmod and now that helix is working with DX11 wrapper, 3D vision future looks quite good too.

PS.Link to Helix Mod to see what i do not want to miss smile.gif ---> Helix Mod

Yes Motormann: have you tried the 201 demultiplexer with 1080p 60hz 3D? It means: no Xbox360 or ps3 but PC...
post #388 of 633 Old 08-18-2013, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

no not yet. i need to get some 1080p 60 3d content. i currently dont have any pc games for my pc dual pro setup. mostly been showing movies on it

post #389 of 633 Old 08-18-2013, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I think I would buy one of these systems if I can be sure it will allow me to do what I currently do using checkerboard mode, horizontal interleave and 120 hertz 3D monitor and that is display 3D applications on my Windows desktop without having them have to be full screen. I tried simulating it using my Nvidia Quadro 4000 and 2 monitors but I can not get it to work.

Did IQ's suddenly drop sharply while I was away?
I enjoy 3D in spite of HDMI 1.4!
Full screen only 3D doesn't cut it!
post #390 of 633 Old 08-19-2013, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

is there anywherei could download video like this, checkerboard etc . if so i will try it with one of my rigs.

Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page