3d-xl help needed. Any advice appreciated. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-30-2012, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, just a bit of background info first. I've basically just acquired a 3d-xl which I am using with my optoma hd-67 projector on a 110" screen. I set this up through my ps3 and had no luck until being advised to reset the ps3 which will then allow to set up the screen size etc and now everything runs in 3d perfectly. I then stumbled across another issue after watching several movies I realised that my projector 3d invert settings need to be on for games but off for movies as tried the glasses on upside down through a film and was amazed how much depth there actually was so changed the settings to off.

Now when I play the films with 3d invert off I do get amazing depth but (and apologies as I know its a sore spot for many) but im not getting the 'pop out' effect as people have described.

I know the ps3 is updated as it tells me there are no new updates when i try to do this and there are no settings on the ps3 to adjust, so is it a case of my hd67 is too cheap a model to see the pop out details or couldv it be the distance from screen is too little, about 8-10ft max. Also I read that contrast settings on the projector play a part so do I need this maxed out to bring the 3d out of the screen. I have tried this with a few films noted online for good pop out effects just to ensure they are meant to be in there.

Any help would be appreciated. Kind Regards Brendan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-30-2012, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
with DLP Link glasses the 3d eye stream is not always in sync with the correct eye so if you don't see 3d..use the setting and invert. It doesn't matter if it's movies or games sometimes you have to use the 3d invert to get proper 3d. Pop out depends on the content, some movies have it other's don't and has nothing to do with the projector or screen. I also have the 3d-xl and use the hd66 projector with the optoma glasses for 3d.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-30-2012, 12:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
It is the only drawback of DLP link.

You actually have to look at the running content and change the setting accordingly.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page