Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-09-2012, 01:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I want to watch 3D bluray's on my computer using te following set up:

Acer H5360 projector (3D ready)
Optoma ZD 201 3D glasses (without the optoma 3D-XL)
PC with AMD ATI HD 5770 (don't know what driver)
Sound goes over Pioneer VSX 521 en the image is directly send to the projector

I have PowerDVD 11 and i want to play the 3D bluray Avatar in 3D. I have set up my projector to the 3d setting using te menu and the option "DLP link". I have turned on my Optoma Zd 201 glasses.

The resolution is set tot 1280x720 running 120 hz.

When i start PowerDVD 11 and start playing te movie. I choose the 3D option 120 hz monitor. But PowerDVD says: 3D playback can't be enabled...

Ive tried almost everything but can't get it to work. Is it that i don't have the correct driver from AMD and not the correct iZ3D driver.

can someone help me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-09-2012, 02:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I use "Time Sequential" setting with PDVD10.
While you can play 3DBD with a 5xxx card the cpu does most of the work. 6xxx cards and up use the GPU instead.
Any AMD driver in the past 1.5 years should work.
I have a copy of PDVD11 here somewhere. If you don't get it working I'll install it on something and play with it.

Yikes, just noticed the IZ3D driver in your post! Totally unnecessary for 3DBD playback. You should create an "Exception" for PDVD in the IZ3D Control Panel to prevent the IZ3D driver from interfering and/or disable the IZ3D driver.
The IZ3D driver is for 3D Gaming only.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-09-2012, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob7145 View Post

I use "Time Sequential" setting with PDVD10.
While you can play 3DBD with a 5xxx card the cpu does most of the work. 6xxx cards and up use the GPU instead.
Any AMD driver in the past 1.5 years should work.
I have a copy of PDVD11 here somewhere. If you don't get it working I'll install it on something and play with it.

Yikes, just noticed the IZ3D driver in your post! Totally unnecessary for 3DBD playback. You should create an "Exception" for PDVD in the IZ3D Control Panel to prevent the IZ3D driver from interfering and/or disable the IZ3D driver.
The IZ3D driver is for 3D Gaming only.

OK i'm gonna try that tonight. But that is also the option that i choose (120 hz time sequential 3D LCD) But then i get the message: 3D playback can't be enabled (in PowerDVD 11)

Some guys say that i need the Optoma 3D-XL to get it to work. But why shuold i because my projector supports 3D DLP link an i have a Optoma Zd201 glasses that is a DLP link glasses.

I wil install the latest driver for my Radeon HD5770 tonight from AMD.com

Hope that i'll get it working...
post #4 of 7 Old 05-09-2012, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

You do not need anything else. The 3DXL is for connecting a set top box BD player that won't (none do) output 120Hz to the PJ.
I've been watching 3DBD with my computer and the same Acer PJ since Nov 2010 using PDVD10 Ultra. Some people resorted to registry edits to get it working but not mine. Started with an AMD 5870 then 6970 and now 7970 as it is mostly for gaming in 3D.
I'll fire it up later and check the settings.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-09-2012, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob7145 View Post

You do not need anything else. The 3DXL is for connecting a set top box BD player that won't (none do) output 120Hz to the PJ.
I've been watching 3DBD with my computer and the same Acer PJ since Nov 2010 using PDVD10 Ultra. Some people resorted to registry edits to get it working but not mine. Started with an AMD 5870 then 6970 and now 7970 as it is mostly for gaming in 3D.
I'll fire it up later and check the settings.

Thanks. I'll download PowerDVD 10 ultra and the newest AMD driver for my G card.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-09-2012, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Fired up the 3D computer. I had forgotten what a POS PDVD is. Only works in Classic Mode and only with older 3D movies. Harold and Kumar won't play. Says I need to update PDVD, run update, "No updates available", still won't play.
Drive Angry won't play anymore either! Worked fine a few months ago. Resident Evil won't work! And strangest of all IMAX Deep Sea 3D worked an hour ago yet won't work now! Getting the same stupid Cyberlink error about needing to update but the update is what killed it. Well that's it, no more Cyberlink products for me. Screw 'em.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-09-2012, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Hmm.. that's ****ed up.

Wel i've got it working. It just had to update my drivers and BAM!!! Avatar in 3D on a 120 inch projection screen!

Thnx for your help
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Acer H5360 3d Dlp Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page