Getting my old laptop to play 3D ISO without HDMI 1.4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 05-10-2012, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to get some helping playing 3D blu-ray ISO files on my laptop. My laptop does not have a HDMI 1.4 output, so the ISO files will not play in 3D when connected to my projector using the Optoma 3D-XL. The ISO files play fine in 2D, so I was wondering if there was any way of making my laptop think that its HDMI output was 1.4, like how the PS3 can play 3D blurays without having HDMI 1.4? Is this possible, or is upgraded the hardware my only solution? My graphics card is the 'Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family' according to the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-13-2012, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Can anyone help?
post #3 of 9 Old 05-13-2012, 10:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
There is no requirement that a PC or other device have an HDMI 1.4 output chip in order to output HDMI 1.4a 3D formatted content. You jiust have to have a 3D player program which will output HDMI 1.4a formatted 3D content when playing 3D Blu-Rays
post #4 of 9 Old 05-14-2012, 03:50 AM - Thread Starter

What 3D player program would you recommend? When I try playing a ISO with WinDVD Pro 11 the software tells me that my display is not 3D compatible. I have also tried ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre but the ISO either plays in 2D or converts it to red and blue Anaglyph 3D.

Any advice? What other ways are there to play 3d ISO files?
post #5 of 9 Old 05-14-2012, 08:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Is your PJ running as a Clone or as a extended desk top? If either of the above which is the prinmary display?
Have you tried using the PJ as the only display?
What resolution are you sending to the PJ for 3D?
post #6 of 9 Old 05-14-2012, 06:05 PM

Liked: 13
I have both Arcsoft TMT5 latest version and Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 and find PowerDVD does 3D easier then TMT 5. TMT 5 I have to set the resolution etc in control center, Power DVD it is all automatic when you hit enable 3D on the player.

Far as your laptop is concerned is your graphics card capable of sending stereoscopic signals? I have to enable stereoscopic in my Nvidia control for 3D to work. And with THT 5 I have to select a HD 3D resolution 1080P 24hz or 720P 60hz.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-17-2012, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

Is your PJ running as a Clone or as a extended desk top? If either of the above which is the prinmary display?
Have you tried using the PJ as the only display?
What resolution are you sending to the PJ for 3D?

Right now I am using the projector as the only display, with the resolution being 1280x720. Trying to play on WinDVD has been useless, whenever I press the 3D button the blu ray stops running and there is no way of getting it start playing again unless I select "autoplay" in My Computer, where it'll start up in 2D again. I've been trying with Tin Tin. When I don't have the 3C button seelcted it'll let me play the movie perfectly in 2D, and when I try to select 3D in the menu it says my display isn't 3D.

man4mopar, I have no idea if my graphics card is capable of sending stereoscopic signals, how do I find out? After all this trouble, I'm guessing my graphics card just isn't up to stratch, but I'd hate to give up only to find out that a simple fix was out there to play the blu ray ISO in 3D. TMT 5 seems to have issues playing the file in 2D, and when I press the 3D button it shows the image in the type of 3d that needs red and blue glasses.

Thanks for any help.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 29
how are you connected to the projector, and what laptop/Projector do you have? If you posted a few more details in opening post, we could probably be a little more helpful. Is your projector even 120Hz capable? You say you have a 3-DXL box(I too have one), how is it setup? It only has HDMI inputs and outputs. more details of setup and equipment used...
post #9 of 9 Old 05-19-2012, 06:37 PM

Hi

I have No problems playing 3D BD Discs from either my
Panasonic 3D BD player or or my desktop computer with
1.3 HDMI cables to my Vizio 3D TV

JohnnyJT
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List