PS3 3D glasses compatiblility? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 05-17-2012, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Been enjoying the 3D on my Sharp LC-60C7450U, got 2 free Sharp glasses with it but needed more plus I was hoping to find some that worked a little better, so I got the Playstation 3 "Universally Compatible" glasses based on recommendations. The box lists Sharp as a compatible TV, but they don't seem to work with mine. When my TV is in 3D mode I can see some light coming from its emitter and the Sharp glasses respond, but the Sony glasses don't. I've charged them and the light on top blinks, but the LCDs won't flicker like they're supposed to.

The instructions that come with it are pretty minimal- they don't say if there's any setup you need to do with them depending on what kind of TV you have. Am I missing something, or are these just not compatible with this model TV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-21-2012, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Nobody has an answer on this? I just tried calling Sony and nobody there had a clue. I swear electronics phone support requires its workers to not know about electronics, and only exists to further frustrate people. I've read tons of reviews of these glasses all saying that they work with whatever display they tried with them, but I can't get them to work with mine. Again, the instructions that come with these are horrible and I don't even know if I have them set the right way.
post #3 of 12 Old 05-22-2012, 05:20 AM

Liked: 10
From what I remember from my PS3 glasses.

Slide power on, in the inner side of the glasses.
Hold button on top, down till LED lights up and blinks (not sync'd).
LED becomes solid when linked for 3d viewing.

I don't recall having to do anything extra to sync the glasses to my TV.

Panasonic ST30.

Sorry I don't have more info.

If you think it's the glasses, maybe you can bring them into a store and try it on their floor models?
post #4 of 12 Old 11-04-2012, 07:59 AM

Did you ever figure out how to sync to your Sharp 3D TV? I cannot seem to get them to sync with mine.....I have the lc7450u model from frys electronics
post #5 of 12 Old 11-06-2012, 08:48 AM

Is this fully compatible with the Sony 40HX750 LED TV? Will "Simulview" work as well when playing a compatible PS3 3D game?
post #6 of 12 Old 11-09-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8traxrule View Post

Been enjoying the 3D on my Sharp LC-60C7450U, got 2 free Sharp glasses with it but needed more plus I was hoping to find some that worked a little better, so I got the Playstation 3 "Universally Compatible" glasses based on recommendations. The box lists Sharp as a compatible TV, but they don't seem to work with mine. When my TV is in 3D mode I can see some light coming from its emitter and the Sharp glasses respond, but the Sony glasses don't. I've charged them and the light on top blinks, but the LCDs won't flicker like they're supposed to.

The instructions that come with it are pretty minimal- they don't say if there's any setup you need to do with them depending on what kind of TV you have. Am I missing something, or are these just not compatible with this model TV?[/quote

I have the same issue, but exactly the opposite. It is a polarization issue. Hold both kinds of glasses up to a light and compare the lenses. The Sonys are polarized and have a tint to the lenses. Check the Sharp glasses and see if they are similar. I have a Sony HW-30 3D projector. The PS3 glasses, which are polarized, work well, but Sony TDG series glasses will not. Those glasses need a polarized lens filter kit in order to work. I found this out after buying a pair of TDG-BR50 glasses for the kids to wear. They didn't work, so I started reading the forums, and I found out I needed to purchase the lens kit. I'd try a pair of Sony BD250 glasses and see if they will work for you.

Hope I provided some help,
Shawn
post #7 of 12 Old 11-23-2012, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm having the same trouble with these glasses as the op, they don't seem to work with my Panasonic UT50. I turned them on and the light blinks but it doesn't stay solid like one of the posters in here said. Are these glasses compatible with this tv? It is very frustrating because I'm doing what they instructions ask but they don't seem to work. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get these to work?
post #8 of 12 Old 11-25-2012, 02:53 PM
PLB

Liked: 11
I bought a pair to try with my new Acer H9500HD projector. Th Acer glasses cost $100 and are white. But the PS3 glasses don't work with my Acer. We need someway to match glasses to TVs and projectors. Maybe a new thread?
post #9 of 12 Old 04-18-2013, 02:29 PM

VERY sorry to revive an old thread but just got a Sharp LC70LE745U and 4 pairs of these glasses. Wanted to check if anyone found a way to make them work before I send them back.

Thanks
post #10 of 12 Old 04-18-2013, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My experience has been nothing but Sharp glasses have worked on my 745 & 847s.

I'd love input to glasses that will seeing as Sharp glasses are so expensive.
post #11 of 12 Old 08-23-2013, 11:55 PM

from what i learned, ps3 3d glasses compatibility is sony, samsung, panasonic, mitsubishi, toshiba and sharp active 3d with IR emitters. So 2 important details to look up, recently stores have alot of passive tv mostly because glasses have a lower cost. Completly different tech no compatibility with active shutter 3d like ps3 glasses. The 2nd detail is probably the guilty 1 in many cases, IR ( infra red ) emiting 3d tv. Active 3d tvs have 2 way to emite, bluetooth and IR, so get infos on the way the tv emite before making your choice ^^
post #12 of 12 Old 06-23-2014, 07:39 AM

Liked: 0
did anyone find a solution? I called sony and sent them the glasses (4 of them) and they replaced them but still not working.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page