http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hch-sy...roductBenefits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-05-2012, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First of all I must point out that I am no expert or anything like that, so please don't all steam in and tell me I'm some sort of mug who could have bought something much better at half the price. I'm not bothered.

I treated myself to this after recently picking up a Sony KDL40HX723 TV for what I thought was a very decent £579, a purchase I am very happy with. To be honest I have only had a few minutes to play with the BDV-NF720 since it arrived a couple of days ago but first impressions are "Wow - fantastic!"

I am in my 50's now and slightly hard of hearing. One thing I do have a problem with is speech at low volume, in quiet sections in films for example, I just can't hear it without piling on the volume. The one thing that attracted me to this was Sony's claim that you could hear whisper-quiet dialogue even at low volume, and you can too! I played the first few minutes of "Quantum of Solace" on Blu-Ray disc, the action is realistic and speech is very clear, clarity of sound being the obvious outstanding feature so far from my few minutes with the kit. I have never heard such clear sound at low volume as you get with this system, this is definitely Sony at it's best. And I haven't even looked at the settings yet, this is out-of-the-box sound!

Had a look at MTV Live HD via the Sky box today, looked and sounded superb. Lots more stuff to play with yet when I can find the time but as it stands I'm a very happy bunny. Will be happy to add to this later if anybody is interested.

Better description (and price) here:

http://www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk/sony-BDV-NF720-i624695.html
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page