Annoying Problem With Micca EP600 G2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-06-2012, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello guys I was wondering if anyone has an idea of what is wrong with my setup?

My Micca EP600 G2 came to my house yesterday and I hooked it up to my Mitsubishi 3D adapter to hook up to my Mitsubishi 3D ready TV. When I playback movies the picture is extremely faded/dark and I can't do anything with the settings to fix it. When I hook the box straight to my TV the picture is flawless but I can't do any 3D without the adapter. I have checked through the Mitsubishi TV settings and 3D mode is still off and color is set at Brilliant yet the picture is still very dark. 2D movies have the same problem as well.

It's a problem I never had before with my 3D Bluray player that was hooked up before the box, the picture is flawless in 3D and 2D on the bluray player.

Anyone had this problem or anyone knows what's wrong? Thank you so much if you can help me.

Edit: So I guess I need to be more specific. I'm sure it's a problem with the adapter and the box talking to each other because the hdmi cables are perfectly fine. I'm going to upload pictures to show what I'm talking about.

When connected to the adapter: Notice how faded and washed out the colors are and 3D mode isn't even on.

When connected directly: The colors are very good and the dark/faded issue is completely gone.

The 3D Bluray Player:
Looks really good and crisp, but for some reason even the Micca's menu looks washed out, I do notice though, when the device turns on the splash appears for a second and looks pretty good. But then it black screens quick, then goes to the menu and the washed out problem occurs.

I think it can be fixed with a firmware update? The device is already the latest on the Micca website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-28-2012, 09:35 PM

I have had the EXACT same problem with the EP950 and my mitsubishi 3d TV. Specifically, when connected to the 3DA-1 adapter. It is clearly a problem with the adapter as you have already figured out. Im about to return this thing bc there does not seem to be a way to fix this problem. Have you had any success?
post #3 of 3 Old 10-10-2012, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

I haven't but I guess I will wait and see if an update can fix the problem, or maybe put this TV somewhere else in the house and get a newer Mitsubishi. Though the latter option is my absolute last option.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page