I now have Crosstalk on DLP.... Didn't before. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-08-2012, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had an acer h5360 and dlp link glasses for a while. All of a sudden I have crosstalk. I had ZERO crosstalk before this. I thought it was my glasses. So I bought a new pair(same model optoma zd101's)...same. I tried a different model projector(optoma)...same.
Im at wit's end trying to figure this out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 59
A few ideas:

Glasses can start to show crosstalk as they get low on batteries. Try a fresh pair. Even with new glasses, sometimes they're shipped with bad batteries. I thought my first DLP-link glasses were defective, until I tried putting in new batteries.

Sometimes you can see crosstalk out of the top or bottom edges of the glasses. If you've recently moved closer to your screen and/or viewing high contrast content you might just be seeing something you never noticed before. I have NEC DLP-link glasses but they look exactly like the Optoma zd101s (quite likely the same glasses rebranded), and I noticed some crosstalk due to this when playing Mass Effect 3 sitting very close. Moving back, moving my head to look straight at something, or playing a different game solved it.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-09-2012, 02:30 PM

Liked: 13
How many hours on the bulb? If not the glasses or batteries in the glasses I wonder if the bulb is dim enough that the white flash to signal the glasses is too weak to trip them consistantly. Kind of doubt it but crossed my mind. Thinking if bright enough to view content is bright enough to signal glasses. Is this in a light controlled room while getting cross talk?
post #4 of 6 Old 06-09-2012, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Good suggestions but unfortunately didn't work out. I bought a different pair of dlp glasses(will be arriving in a week). Shall see what happens then. DLP projector is brand new, I bought it because I had crosstalk on old display all of a sudden(just showed up). Nvidia 3d vision 2 glasses actually show less crosstalk then dlp ones eek.gif
The crosstalk is very minor but is very distracting to me since it was non existant before. It the "contrast" type where its whites on top of darks.

I hope you liked Mass Effect 3 in 3D airon, was amazing to me. Helix is amazing(I run the web-site and made some fixes).If you havent checked out his other games dead space 1/2 are amazing.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-10-2012, 01:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqzitara View Post

I hope you liked Mass Effect 3 in 3D airon, was amazing to me. Helix is amazing(I run the web-site and made some fixes).If you havent checked out his other games dead space 1/2 are amazing.

Loved Mass Effect 3 in 3D and it's all thanks to the work you and Helix do. I'm actually well aware of the work you do there as well as the work you do getting the word out, and I'm highly appreciative. smile.gif Hope the new glasses work out for you.

One other idea, is the new projector brighter than your previous one? The first time I ever noticed any crosstalk was after upgrading to a high gain screen.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-10-2012, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

I tried facing my projector, at my wooden door and watching projection off that and it was same. as well as off pure white/black background.
I think only thing to see now is what happens with new glasses.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page