dualview on 3d tv ?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 06-12-2012, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
i already hack my 3d shutter glassses to one pair left and the other one right.
it work great on games side by side but i want to go to another level.
i got a bluetooth transmiter that i can conect an av stereo cable to it and sent it to my bluetooth headphones.
that will work if i conect my ps3 to the transmiter and use one of the glasses to watch it while my cable box connected to the other glasses and sound by speakers.
i want to know if there is any device that can put two hdmi on my tv side by side .
Bossy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-24-2012, 02:36 AM

Liked: 10
I did not know you can do the hacking with active shutter glasses as the lenses are made of LCD which makes it easier to break when forced out of the frame. I have a passive TV by LG and it is easy to switch the lenses but I did not have to since dual view glasses are cheap anyway.

Seems like you got all those wires tangled. Are looking for a sort of a HDMI hub?
post #3 of 13 Old 07-24-2012, 03:04 AM - Thread Starter

I am looking for a device were I connect two HDMI make an effect that I can see each HDMI with each glasses
post #4 of 13 Old 07-25-2012, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
You'll need something like this to convert HDMI to SDI http://www.markertek.com/Video-Equipment/Video-Processors/HDMI-Converters/Blackmagic-Design/BMD-CONVMHS.xhtml?BMD-CONVMHS

Then you can mutiplex the two signals into a single 3D or multiview HDMI output using something like this http://shop.texasmediasystems.com/AJA-HI5-3D-3GHD-SDI-Multiplexer-To-HDMI-14a-and-SDI-Video-and-Audio-Converter_p_2106.html

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #5 of 13 Old 07-26-2012, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
For only $780 worth of products you can have a device that does god knows what? What possible use can you have for putting two HDMI side-by-side on a set where each pair of glasses sees one of the HDMI images? What am I missing here? For that price you can get a new TV and PS3 and each person can have their own set-up in full 3D. Me confused.
post #6 of 13 Old 07-26-2012, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
That was really my point as well.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #7 of 13 Old 09-21-2012, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

the dea stils but theres noting out there or maybe modding the nvidia sorround system also that cold be rat forr some dualview or simulview on a gaming pc
post #8 of 13 Old 09-23-2012, 01:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I do not know any cheap/free software able to do that on PC. You'd basically have to have the two capture sources open in two windows, and find the viewing software that allows anamorphic resizing (squash the pictures horizontally).
The price will also be expensive, Hdmi capture cards aren't cheap. And they do not support HDCP (copy protection).
The biggest problem you will face on a PC though is the lag : I have an Hdmi capture card in my PC and the live preview has a tendency to lag a few seconds behind their input. These cards are not designed for real time viewing, they're mostly recording cards. I found a mode in the Virtualdub software that manages to keep up with sync but it does not last long, a few minutes at most and then it drifts back to a few seconds of buffer. With such a lag, games are unplayable, I have to clone the video and use a separate monitor to play. The recordings are fine though.

Passive 3D, forever !
My Full-HD dual-projector passive polarised 3D setup. (really out of date ! I need to update it some day...)

post #9 of 13 Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 PM

Liked: 23
I think it's way more simple than you all are making it. Just override the EDID with a Simulview EDID.

http://3dvision-blog.com/tag/simulview-technology/

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1381195/playstation-simulview-capability-on-projectors

If you're not using a PC, use an EDID emulator. You'd want something like the DR. HDMI that is user to programmable.
post #10 of 13 Old 11-29-2012, 09:06 PM

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Vega View Post

i got a bluetooth transmiter that i can conect an av stereo cable to it and sent it to my bluetooth headphones.
that will work if i conect my ps3 to the transmiter and use one of the glasses to watch it while my cable box connected to the other glasses and sound by speakers.
i want to know if there is any device that can put two hdmi on my tv side by side .

I just reread OP.

I'm not really sure what he's saying/asking.
post #11 of 13 Old 12-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
He wants to have two people watching two different sources (channels or movies or games) at the same time on a single TV, in full screen without interfering with one another.

Passive 3D, forever !
My Full-HD dual-projector passive polarised 3D setup. (really out of date ! I need to update it some day...)

post #12 of 13 Old 12-08-2012, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Vega View Post

Hi Edwin, Respect!!
post #13 of 13 Old 12-08-2012, 03:10 AM

Hi Edwin, could u give me some details how to hack 3d glasses for dualview?
Regards

Bossy
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page