Can someone tell me what I am seeing? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-27-2012, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was watching a 3D feed at a store through active 3D glasses. When I am looking straight at the TV, the picture looks great. When I was looking at the edges for other detail, there was noticeable blinking. Is this normal for actives 3D glasses, or was I too close, or are there settings on the TV that would fix this? This could be a deal breaker for me for active 3D.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-28-2012, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
You may have been too close and turned your head so that the glasses IR Receiver lost track of the emitter and the glasses lost sync. Or you were looking at the world outside of the TV and noticing the refreshing of the glasses and the blinking effect it causes on the objects around you. For best 3D results you should be in a dark room with just the TV on, and you will not notice this blinking. If you are in a well lit room, which is a terrible setting for 3D, you may notice it if you look for it and pay attention to things (like lights or furniture in the room) not on the TV.

It is hard to say what you were seeing without more details. It could be that the glasses lost sync or just that you notice the effect of the active lenses causing the blinking.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-28-2012, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thank you nickels. You gave me a technical answer, which was what I was looking for. Thank you.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page