AVS Forum banner

ASUS VG278H with PS3 3D issue....

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Rolls-Royce 
#1 ·
Hello, this Asus monitor is awesome and works great with my PC setup at 120hz and EVGA 670 card on the DVI connection with Nvidia 3D vision 2 glasses. BF3 looks amazing in 3D at 45FPS.

I have my PS3 hooked up to the HDMI connection with 1.4 HDMI cable. It detects 3D fine. However when playing games, the 3D turns on, but shifts back and fourth every 20 seconds or so making it unplayable. This happens with every 3D game. It plays fine in 2D. As you know, the PS3 can only push 60hz on HDMI so the fps is pretty low compared to the PC.

Sony support was no help, just told me to change the HDMI cable which I did. Nvidia Vision support told me the PS3 was an unsupported product and told me to get lost. Asus support told me to RMA the Monitor which I refuse to do since I think this is a PS3 issue.

Could this be related to the latest PS3 update? I have ruled out the glasses since they work fine with the PC. Can someone confirm they have the PS3 3D working properly with this monitor via the HDMI port!

#2 ·
This may very well be a monitor issue. If the 3D image is unstable and reverses every few seconds, it could mean the monitor is not getting a steady lock on the PS3's 60 Hz signal. It also could mean that you need different glasses. Most glasses can synch at 120Hz but not at 60, and the NVidia glasses may be in that group.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.