Trying to setup 3D viewing on my Samsung DLP TV from either my Nvidia 3D Vision Laptop or my Sony 3D Blu Ray player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-03-2012, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought one of those 3D Emitter boxes with 4 pair of glasses on Ebay from the 3DTV Corp company and cant get it to work with either my laptop or sony blu ray as the source.

If I try to set it up with my Dell laptop with nvidia 3D vision built into it (with a built in emitter) I hook up the hdmi port on my laptop to the hdmi3/dvi connector on back of TV, then hook the emitter that came with glasses to the 3D sync out 3 pin connector on back of TV, and when I run the setup on nvidia control panel, it tells me that vesa emitter cable is disconnected or stereoscopic 3D is not turned on on tv. (I went into my TV setup screen and 3D is turned onto mode 1.

I will stop for now so i can get some advice on getting my laptop to work with this emitter and glasses kit. I will ask more later about why my Sony 3D blu ray player wont work either.

My Samsung DLP TV is model; HL61A650C1FXZA

Laptop is Dell XPS L702X, Windows7 with Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D Vision with built in emitter and 3D glasses for laptop

The 3D kit I bought from 3DTV Corp is the Gen2Pro / Home Emitter with 4 pair of Glasses.

Thanks so much in advance for any help I can get with this setup...

Rich J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-07-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I believe you may need the Mitsibishi 3D adapter to make your Samsung work correctly, at least with the Blu-Ray player. There are threads about how to get the Samsung DLPs working with 3D sources. Try searching the "3D Displays" and "DLP RPTV" forums for more info.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #3 of 4 Old 07-07-2012, 05:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
3D vision requires that their emitter be connected to the laptop even if you do not use it and use one connected to your TV instead. I do not know how you "connect" to the emitter. Try contactacting your laptop vendor's support group if their user's manual does not discuss 3D.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-08-2012, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Your TV will work with a blu-ray player only if it outputs checkerboard 3D format - check your player to see if it outputs checkerboard. If not, you will need the Mitsubishi 3DA-1adapter.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page