Sharp 60" 3D Model LC60C8470U problems! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 07-05-2012, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought this tv Sharp 60" 3D Model LC60C8470U and I have a problem! While watching reg. tv it automatically pops up a screen to put on the 3D glasses and powerup then switches back and pops up a message switching back to 2D mode and take off glasses! It does this when switching to an advertisement or even when switching scenes in the middle of a show!
Anybody having the same problem or have any insight? Please HELP!
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-06-2012, 03:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Check your TVs settings it appears that it thinks it is receiving side by side 3D content. or possibly is set to automatic. What is the source and resolution of the content being sent to the TV?
post #3 of 11 Old 07-09-2012, 12:11 AM

Liked: 14
Yeah, the auto-detect for side-by-side 3D is useless since anything with a split screen will trigger it. Mine did that the first day I tried it. Keep it on Mode 1 so it will automatically go into 3D for Blu-Rays that have it, and manually switch it for side-by-side 3D.
twarman17 likes this.
post #4 of 11 Old 07-15-2012, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

That was it! Thanks all for the fix and info!
I'm liking this TV more and more everyday!
Also for others I'm not having the "Ghosting" with the older models!
The reghargable 3D glasses are really great!
They can be recharged thru the tv usb jack when not in use! The also hold a charge
for several days, to tell you the truth I really don't know how long! They always seem ready!
post #5 of 11 Old 07-18-2012, 02:34 PM

I have a constant problem of the voices being out of sync with the picture. Has anyone else had this problem, if so what was the fix.
Thanks, Neil
post #6 of 11 Old 07-19-2012, 11:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrice View Post

I have a constant problem of the voices being out of sync with the picture. Has anyone else had this problem, if so what was the fix.
Thanks, Neil
My 3 year old Vizio has a video audio sync adjustment setting which workis fine. However, some programs have audio sync problems of their own and I cannot correct for them the principle culprit are TV news shows which are not showing something from their own studio.
post #7 of 11 Old 08-25-2012, 09:29 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8traxrule View Post

Yeah, the auto-detect for side-by-side 3D is useless since anything with a split screen will trigger it. Mine did that the first day I tried it. Keep it on Mode 1 so it will automatically go into 3D for Blu-Rays that have it, and manually switch it for side-by-side 3D.

Thanks, I am having the same problem with the 844U when it was on Mode2. Switching to Mode1 and hopefully the problem will go away.

Sharp LC-80LE844U
Denon AVR-3312CI
Denon DBT-1713UD
Toshiba HD-A35
Sony Playstation 3
Canton MOVIE150SIL
post #8 of 11 Old 08-30-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrice View Post

Thanks, Neil

Welcome to my personal hell with the LC-60C8470U. I've had this audio issue since day one using my Comcast DVR (RNG200) with this set. Sharp tech support insists the STB has to be set to L-PCM audio format (instead of Dolby Digital), however it does not have this setting as confirmed by Comcast numerous times. The LC-60C8470U has defective audio processing (in the current firmware?) and get's out of sync and sometimes cuts out and won't come back until you switch inputs. I'm so frustrated with this junk TV, and I've owned two Sharp LCDs before.
post #9 of 11 Old 10-13-2012, 08:57 AM

Looks like Sharp finally fixed the audio issue with the latest firmware update!

This firmware fixes the audio drop out when connected to certain Set-top boxes via HDMI. It also improves DTV channel searching capabilities and picture quality when switching from 2D to 3D content.

This firmware also contains all previous fixes and enhancements.

Version: 305U1209261

Date: 10/11/2012
post #10 of 11 Old 11-02-2012, 09:56 AM

Are you guys still experiencing the reboot issue on the 60" set? Every once in a while I get a random reboot for no reason. It is sporatic and I can not determine a pattern. Anyone found a fix?

I keep doing the software updates hoping for a fix, but something tells me this may be hardware related. Aquos advantage just wants to send a repair guy out....I will return this TV to store before I settle for a new worked on set. A new TV should not have these problems.

This is the second one of these TV's that I have had (swapped first one for this one) and both have randomly reboot.
post #11 of 11 Old 12-18-2012, 10:10 PM

No reboot problem, however I've got a new one, it just stays on and will not power off. The screen and audio turn off, but the power and upside down V is still on. It's like it won't tell the power supply to go into low power mode or something.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Sharp Lc60c8470u Aquos Quattron 60 Inch Class Led Smart 3d Hdtv , Sharp Lc 60c8470u 60 Inch Full Hd Aquos Quattron 3d Led Smart Tv
Gear in this thread