Switch Automatically to 3D? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-09-2012, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I'm working on a video project and i'm trying to make 3D work around it. For testing it, I bought a low budget 3D Desktop screen (LG 2342P). When I'm plugging a 1.4 HDMI Cable, and trying to play SidebySide 3D Content, I see a SideBySide image on the monitor. I can 'Merge' the two streams into one by manually going into my monitor settings and set 'Side by Side' 3D. I have few questions regarding to that:

1. Isn't the screen suppose to automatically detect 3D stream is being played and automatically change it into the appropriate 3D mode?
2. If the above sentence is true, how does the monitor knows its 3D stream? Is it some kind of Header on the file? Does the Software that plays the Video Suppose to tell it? I tried few 3D trailers using VLC and non changed the mode automatically

Thank you :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-09-2012, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I've yet to let my monitor do the work for me. I just load the file into some kind of video player (the built-in NVidia player is passable, but has zero options), and play it that way. The program also remembers the settings for the files, so you don't have to tell it the next time you open that file, even if you've played something with a totally different format in the interim. Going into the monitor's menus, which are far from intuitive, is way too much trouble for watching video.

As for how it detects.. I have no idea. Most video streams are just video.. there's nothing except the visual to tell you that it's 3D, SBS, top/bottom, which one's left or right, etc.

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-09-2012, 05:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
The only 1.4 3D fornat that is required to be automatically detected is the packed 1920x2025 fornat which also does have 3D info in it's header.
Some specific vendors have venodor unique header data for other formats which they use between their own or some partners devices
post #4 of 4 Old 07-13-2012, 01:12 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall-Guy View Post

Hi,
I'm working on a video project and i'm trying to make 3D work around it. For testing it, I bought a low budget 3D Desktop screen (LG 2342P). When I'm plugging a 1.4 HDMI Cable, and trying to play SidebySide 3D Content, I see a SideBySide image on the monitor. I can 'Merge' the two streams into one by manually going into my monitor settings and set 'Side by Side' 3D. I have few questions regarding to that:
1. Isn't the screen suppose to automatically detect 3D stream is being played and automatically change it into the appropriate 3D mode?
2. If the above sentence is true, how does the monitor knows its 3D stream? Is it some kind of Header on the file? Does the Software that plays the Video Suppose to tell it? I tried few 3D trailers using VLC and non changed the mode automatically
Thank you :-)

I think this LG 2342P serves its purpose really well. I checked Amazon and it's only 250 dollars. It's worth the buck. This can actually replace my own LG 3D TV.

Are you working on a 3D project? If yes, what 3D camera are you using?
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page