Another confused Mitsubishi 3DTV owner - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-11-2012, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, I just got an 82" 3D-Ready Mitsubishi (Model: WD-82740) and XPand DLP Link 3D Glasses (Model: X102) and I have NO CLUE what to do to watch my 3D movies actually in 3D, lol. I've played with the settings, I've changed the batteries on my glasses. I've got nothing...Oh, and I'm using my PS3 as a 3D-Bluray Player.

Now I'm looking around and I see I need a 3D Emitter or a DLP-Link or something like that. Please treat me as a complete noob and help! Please! I'm so confused. If there is anything else I need to buy, I'd appreciate a link to a product you recommend, or at least a specific product name. I see people comparing different types of products to make it work, so I think I need something else, but I've already spent a lot, so I don't want to spend much more. I just need to know that whatever I get will be compatible with everything I've already bought. I would hate to waste the money O.o

I'm normally decent with tech, but somewhow all the 3D stuff has gotten outside of my knowledge, and all the other threads are leaving me just as confused as ever :-P

Thank you, in advance! I really appreciate all the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
With your DLP glasses you should not need anything else to watch 3D. The emitter is required only if your glasses are Samsung or Mitsubishi (same) and require a compatible emitter. The Mitsubishi emits DLP signals automatically. The new models can turn it off so make sure it is not disabled.But I think yours is last years.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-12-2012, 03:04 AM

Liked: 11
You shouldn't have to buy anything else that tv has a built in IR emitter to use with IR glasses or you can use DLP-Link so you can use the Xpands dlp-link glasses it should be in the 3d options to turn DLP-Link on. You should set the 3d tv setting to checkerboard and make sure you have enabled 3d on your ps3 if you are going to play games in 3d on ps3 they are in the sbs (side by side) 3d format.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-12-2012, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks so much! It's up and working now. Apparently one pair of glasses doesn't work, but I can officially use my 3D, so I'm thrilled!
post #5 of 5 Old 07-12-2012, 02:09 PM

Liked: 11
You're welcome I'm glad to be of some help. I also have 2 pairs of the Xpand 102 glasses and when I received them from tigerdirect the batteries were dead in both of them and i had to replace them then they worked fine. Just a tip if you leave the batteries in and even if the glasses are not on the batteries are drained by the power on circuitry so I recommend if you don't use them for a week take out the batteries and they will last longer and also take out the rubber o rings on the battery case it makes it alot easier to take the batteries in and out and you can do it by hand instead of using the stupid tool.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page