3D-XL and rf emitter - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-12-2012, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please help me understand the technology here....I am quite confused.

I have a 3D-XL with BC-100 emitter hooked up to an Acer H-5630 PJ. I am using comcast for the 3d content. The RF emitter will not sync, ever. I can see the 3d image on the screen with the DVP-link glasses. Yes, I can use DVP-link glasses and be happy, however the rf glasses would be prefered.

I spoke with optoma, and the stated that my projector must be rf compatible?? I am confused in that I thought that was why I would use the 3D-XL? If the projector had the rf capability, would I not simply plug in to it?

Please explain to my simply mind how the RF system works. Do you need an rf pj and need to plug in to the 3d-xl? If I am reading the emitter manual correctly, it states nothing about the pj needing to be set in an rf mode?

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-12-2012, 06:51 AM

Liked: 11
The rf glasses should work with the 3d-xl as the emitter connects to the port on back of the 3d-xl same as if you were using IR glasses they plug into the same port. Are you sure you have the settings right like 3d on the projector and the emitter?
post #3 of 9 Old 07-12-2012, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply...
That would be the question. I can view 3d content on the screen using the dlp-link glasses
So I assume all is set up properly. I have the sbs button on the 3d Xl pushed an can watch with dlp-link. That is the setting on the h5360 projector. The emitter is plugged in to the ir emitter port bit all I get are scrolling lights. Optoma says the projector must be rf or have an rf setting. This goes against what their literature says. As I say, I am confused.

Thanks
post #4 of 9 Old 07-12-2012, 01:20 PM

First off make sure the batteries are charged in the glasses and I can't remember, but you might have to turn off DLP-Link for them to work. I know one person who has the same setup and his MONSTER RF glasses work with the h5360 and I've talked to Optoma before also and they didn't know what they were talking about. When you're watching 3d sbs material like 3d on cable yes the sbs button should be pushed, if your watching a 3d bluray it should not be.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-12-2012, 01:53 PM

On Optoma's website for product support for the glasses it states that the RF glasses are compatible with the 3D-XL. Make sure you tap the power button to turn the glasses on and if the lights are red there's no 3d signal detected if they are scrolling green on the emitter then the 3d signal is detected and the glasses should be working if they are charged and the power button has been pushed.

http://www.optomausa.com/products/detail/BG-3DRFGLASSES

and here's the link to the instructions on how to pair them with the emitter http://www.optomausa.com/webresources/files/support/e21c193fa82c4fc581aa976a0c055374.pdf
post #6 of 9 Old 07-12-2012, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks again for the replies

Maybe I am not saying this properly. The instructions for the bc-100 emitter say to connect the emitter to the ir emitter port on the 3d-xl. Turn on your 3d content (sat, cable, blueray, whatever). Make sure that your tv is in 3d mode, then turn on the 3d-xl. The manual states that the rf emitter will show scrolling red lights will it is detecting (syncing ) with the 3d signal. We are not to the glasses part yet.....
I continually get the scrolling red lights indicating the emitter is not detecting a 3d signal. I am simply stating in my previous posts that I know there is 3d signal because I can see it with the dvp-link glasses. I have not even attempted to pair the glasses since there is no sync with the emitter. Now Optoma is telling me that my projector must be set to rf, which the h5360 does not have. I was under the impression this was not necessary, and nowhere in the manual does it state that the projector had anything to do with the rf since I am connecting to the 3d-xl. Is this the case, or does the projector need an rf setting for the emitter to detect content. Am I making more sense?

Thanks
post #7 of 9 Old 07-12-2012, 03:09 PM

sorry but I didn't know what color the scrolling lights were as you didn't mention it. The emitter and glasses are compatible with the 3d-xl it even says so on their website and I provided a link in the previous post to verify this. The only other things I can think of is something(3d-xl,emitter port,vesa cable,emitter isn't functioning properly or you might not have the correct firmware on the 3d-xl for rf compatability as I think in the earlier firmware versions there wasn't support for rf glasses or tab top and bottom 3d as it was added later. The emitter also has firmware on it, but you would think it would be up to date if it's new but who knows.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-13-2012, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks again,

I think I will look in to the firmware on the 3d-xl. I just wanted to make sure that I was understanding how the rf worked properly. I was not making sense that the pj had to be rf compatible, but the emitter was hooked to the 3d-xl. As you have stated, it must be with the 3d-xl or the emitter.

Woody
post #9 of 9 Old 11-02-2012, 05:11 PM

Anyone know why an xbox360 will not work through the 3dxl? My set up is as follows: DVR Motorola DCT3412 I, Blueray Panasonic DMP-BDT110 and xbox360 all HDMI connected to Receiver Pioneer VSX820 through 3 In bound HDMI ports. xbox is in via DVD port. HDMI out of receiver to HDMI 1 on 3dxl. HDMI out of 3dxl to Optoma GT720.

DVR and Blueray both pass through 3dxl on 2d and blueray 3d works great. Switch the receiver to DVD for the xbox and the 3dxl HDMI 1 light comes on, but GT720 can not find the signal. 3dxl also has most recent firmware done.

Any ideas why xbox wont pass through would help.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page