Sensio "autodetect" - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-26-2012, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Imagine a device that would eliminate the need to manually switch your 3DTV into and out of side by side and or top and bottom mode. I imagined this device years ago and am still wondering where it is. rolleyes.gif

Would someone please step up to the plate and produce a device using this technology?
How about a small box with HDMI in and HDMI out.
PLEASE!!!

http://sensio.tv/business/technology_solutions/sensio__autodetect_v23

Did IQ's suddenly drop sharply while I was away?
I enjoy 3D in spite of HDMI 1.4!
Full screen only 3D doesn't cut it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-26-2012, 12:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The problem is that it is not part of the HDMI 1.4a standard to identify the the 3D formats in the header. There is a user definable field and at least one STB manufacturer has used it in conjuction with one TV manufacturer to identify 1.4a 1080i or 720p sbs or Tnb.formats, regretfully I foreget the detals and the manufacturer involved.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-26-2012, 06:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Frank- I have Sensio on my Vizio and it doesn't work! So, when I was at CES I stopped in their booth and met one of their head engineers, He was the director. He told me that the technology works and demonstrated it for me on one of their Vizio reprogrammed sets. The problem is that Vizio and a couple others failed to properly implement the Sensio firmware the way the company specified. But it is designed to work by detecting the repeated pixels in either top/bottom or SBS configuration as well as frame packing and put the TV in the proper mode automatically. At that time Sensio claimed to be working with some of the manufacturers to get a firmware update established to fix the non-functioning Sensio. I have yet to see such an update after 7 months!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don Landis
post #4 of 5 Old 07-26-2012, 06:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

The problem is that it is not part of the HDMI 1.4a standard to identify the the 3D formats in the header. There is a user definable field and at least one STB manufacturer has used it in conjuction with one TV manufacturer to identify 1.4a 1080i or 720p sbs or Tnb.formats, regretfully I foreget the detals and the manufacturer involved.

It may be possible for a company to make a box as Frank suggests where the hdmi in is detected and converted to a frame packed signal and then sent on to the TV as an hdmi 1.4a compliant While Sensio detection process could be used the detected control would need to be quite different as all inputs would need to be converted to one frame packed output. As I understand Sensio, it doesn't convert, it just switches the TV to appropriate mode. Here you are correct as that function would be beyond what hdmi can do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don Landis
post #5 of 5 Old 07-28-2012, 08:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
My biggest pet peeve with my 3DTV (Sony) is the need to switch back and forth between 3D modes like SbS. SENSIO's Autodetect would seem to be the perfect solution, but why TV manufacturers are not implementing it I have no idea. Even just last week, China's largest TV manufacturer signed an agreement with SENSIO to license their Hi-Fi 3D format and their S2D (3D-2D) Switch. Yet no mention at all of their Autodetect feature.

I am less then thrilled with my overall experience with my Sony 3DTV and am looking to buy a new 3DTV sometime soon (likely passive this time). But I will never buy another 3DTV that doesn't have some sort of ability to automatically detect the 3D format.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page