Monster Max 3D & Samsung 55D8000 TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-11-2012, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Samsung is telling me Monster is not compatible with my Samsung 8000 series 3D TV. I find that hard to believe but I am having difficulty pairing the glasses. Can anyone advise that has preformed this pairing?

The TV does not have a port labeled 3D. User's manual does not indicate which USB to use since the Samsung 3D glasses do not require the USB, and the manual does not indicate if their is an IR port either.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-14-2012, 09:52 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Currently there are two RF systems used for 3D Glasses - think similar to AM and FM radio system. The two systems are NOT compatible with each other.

One system was developed by Bit Cauldron and is used by Monster Vision and Optoma as well. This is based on ZigBee RF protocols. This was the first system introduced. One version has an external RF transmitter (usable on many glasses) that connects to a TV with a VESA Jack for 3D glasses emitters/transmitter and a special IR sensor that can be placed adjacent to an internal IR emitter in some TVs. The sensor then connects to the RF transmitter. That transmitter will convert the IR signal to RF signals for the glasses.

http://www.bitcauldron.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76&Itemid=37

The other system is based on Bluetooth RF protocols. This is the basis of the new "Full HD 3D Glasses" Initiative.

http://www.fullhd3dglasses.com/

To use the MV/Optoma/Bit Cauldron glasses, you need TVs that fit in one of the three categories:
1. Has ZigBee based compatible RF transmitter built-in. I have never heard of any such TV on the market or in press releases for the future - Technically always possible but not currently on the market that I can find.
2. Has VESA Jack (receptacle) on the TV to plug an external RF or IR transmitter. All Mitsubishi 3D TVs, many 3D video projectors, and the older Samsung 3D Ready DLP RPTVs have this jack.
3. Internal front panel IR emitter for IR glasses and then uses the special IR sensor that comes with the MV/Optoma/Bit Cauldron RF transmitter.

Unfortunately your Samsung 55D8000 has none of the above which means you cannot use the MV/Optoma/Bit Cauldron glasses with that model of TV.

Your model of Samsung TV is "Full HD 3D Glasses" compatible - Bluetooth.

This protocol includes RF glasses by Samsung, Panasonic, Sony (possibly in the future), and Xpand. I am sure that in the future there will be more brands of RF glasses for this system. There are currently on the market compatible TVs with compatible built-in Bluetooth RF transmitters by Samsung, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, and in the future possibly Sony and several others. The "Full HD 3D Glasses" Imitative also include standards for IR glasses which cover several additional brands so if or when these other brands move to RF, most likely they will go with the "Full HD 3D Glasses" RF glasses.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page