Optoma HD33 - 3D Mode disabled - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-13-2012, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

i recently bought a optoma HD33 with the 3d-RF system + glasses and have connected them to an iMac from 2009 via an HDMI 1.4 cable including a minidvi -> hdmi convertor cable because my computer does not have an HDMI out. Everything works fine for 2D stuff and i really enjoy the projector, except i can't get 3D working.
i also tried it on an differend machine which has DVI out, i used an DVI -> HMDI cable to connect to the beamer

i managed to sync the glasses to the emitter, but for some reason i can not enable 3d mode nor can i change the 3D format.
Image -> display mode -> 3D is grayed out
Display -> 3D -> only 3D mode is available and is set to VESA 3D, the rest is also grayed out

i'm sending 1080p Half SBS in full screen mode with VLC to the projector and have set the display to 1080p@50Hz in the system menu (also tried 60Hz)
I also tried the "bino" application to send data in different modes, but it did not work.
An other thing i tried was using windows 7, with VLC but this also had no success.

I'm kinda out of ideas to make it happen, the only possibilities are the (mini-)dvi to hdmi convertor cable, the software i'm using or the settings are incorrect
Does anyone have 3d working via a DVI cable using an optoma projector?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-16-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcat-nl View Post

Hi All,
i recently bought a optoma HD33 with the 3d-RF system + glasses and have connected them to an iMac from 2009 via an HDMI 1.4 cable including a minidvi -> hdmi convertor cable because my computer does not have an HDMI out. Everything works fine for 2D stuff and i really enjoy the projector, except i can't get 3D working.
i also tried it on an differend machine which has DVI out, i used an DVI -> HMDI cable to connect to the beamer
i managed to sync the glasses to the emitter, but for some reason i can not enable 3d mode nor can i change the 3D format.
Image -> display mode -> 3D is grayed out
Display -> 3D -> only 3D mode is available and is set to VESA 3D, the rest is also grayed out
i'm sending 1080p Half SBS in full screen mode with VLC to the projector and have set the display to 1080p@50Hz in the system menu (also tried 60Hz)
I also tried the "bino" application to send data in different modes, but it did not work.
An other thing i tried was using windows 7, with VLC but this also had no success.
I'm kinda out of ideas to make it happen, the only possibilities are the (mini-)dvi to hdmi convertor cable, the software i'm using or the settings are incorrect
Does anyone have 3d working via a DVI cable using an optoma projector?
I Had the same issue with Mac mini 2011 , it seems all apple product doesn't support 3D
but after alot of search i found it is a soft ware issue not hard ware,
the only solution succeed with me is to add windows 7 with boot camp and it will work with windows when you restart your mac with windows frown.gif
now im using my mac mini with dual boot
macintioch boot for normal 2d and windows boot for 3d.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-17-2012, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

hi Thanks,

Does the macmini from 2011 got HDMI or stil dvi?
i also booted into windows 7 and try to view it with cyberlink 12, but still did not get it working.
Do you have other advice?
post #4 of 6 Old 08-17-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcat-nl View Post

hi Thanks,
Does the macmini from 2011 got HDMI or stil dvi?
i also booted into windows 7 and try to view it with cyberlink 12, but still did not get it working.
Do you have other advice?
yes it has HDMI and working fine in 3D with windows boot up
post #5 of 6 Old 08-17-2012, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

ah, so it looks like i have to upgrade my machine, my iMac only has mini-dvi out so there might be the problem.

Does anyone here has any 3d projector working with a dvi-out under windows?
post #6 of 6 Old 02-17-2014, 08:13 PM

I have the same problem. Can anyone help me please? Iv'e tried everything I know. Please..
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page