DLP link glasses, found some good cheapies. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Mitsu 73 inch DLP 3d set I bought a while ago and bought a few pair of the Optoma/Viewsonic glasses. The only difference I can find between the two is one is set in standard and the other in reverse when you turn them on, otherwise they are identical right down to the fragile side pieces.

Anyway I saw these on amazon the other day and figured it was worth a $50 splurge for two pair.

http://www.amazon.com/DLP-LINK-3D-Glasses-Projectors-Mitsubishi/dp/B004G2VJM6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349102999&sr=8-1&keywords=3d+glasses+dlp+link

With my Mitsu, they work very well, but they weigh about one quarter of what the Viewsonic/Optomas do, and are worlds more comfortable because of the weight, the nose piece and the ear pieces.

I read one review from someone who said it would not pick up the signal in a fully lit room, I did not have that problem. I will probably never use my Viewsonic/Optomas again. Great buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-01-2012, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
I purchased an emitter and some glasses from 3DTV Corp in the past. One of my sets of glasses died just after the warranty expired, yet the owner sent me a new pair of replacement glasses anyway. I highly recommend the company.

Do these glasses show a static rainbow on your set? I still haven't found a great pair of cheapy glasses that don't have some issues. What about color shifting? Look at a spot then tilt your head up and down - do the colors change?
post #3 of 4 Old 10-01-2012, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

I don't notice either, however I watched only about 40 minutes of content with a few discs before putting them away. Waiting for my Avengers 3D to arrive tomorrow. I watched a little Tahiti Ultimate Wave, Under the Sea, and a bit of Tangled and they seemed to work great.

They seemed to have the same quality as the Optomas. I have only seen artifact a couple of times and they have always been at viewing at an extreme angle to the tv or from glare in the lenses from a light source behind me. I usually watch in the dark though.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-05-2012, 07:15 AM

what kind of projector do you have? i have gt750 and still dont know which glasses are better. it came with the zf2100 IR glasses and they work good on stardurst 3d game... waiting for my copy of avengers today as well smile.gif amazon had it for 20$ couldnt beat that.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page