3D IR glasses flickering issue with Mitsubishi WD-73C9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just recently setup 3D on my Mitsubishi WD-73C9. I bought a Panasonic 3D blu-ray player that supports checkerboard, an emitter of amazon and five pairs of the Sony Playstation 3D glasses.

I can't figure out why the right lens on the Sony Playstation glasses have noticeable flickering in the middle of the right lens. It looks like a black line. The left lens seems to be working fine. The flickering only occurs when the screen is dark. When the screen is bright, there doesn't appear to be any issues. All the glasses do the same exact thing. I am new to 3D and I have no idea if it's the glasses, the emitter or some sort of interference that is causing the flickering.

My plan is to order a pair of dlp link glasses and a different brand of IR glasses to see if it's just the Sony glasses. Has anyone had similar issues? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 05:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I beleve tha t model you can"t turn off the DLP LINK Flash so I would recomend DLP link glasses. Most flicker in active shutter glasses is caused by an external light source flashing at 60hz make shure it isn't some digital display or lamp on in the room

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
Old 11-19-2012, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the same exact issue. Same model TV, glasses etc. I also bought the el cheapo emitter from Amazon.(think around $25). I have a couple Optoma "DLP-Link" glasses that work perfectly, so I know it's nothing with the TVs "config" per se'. I just jumped on BB's close out on the PS3 glasses a month or so ago, which I assume you maybe did too.. HaHa... Anyways, although I haven't solved the issue, I'm thinking it's the emitter somehow... Seems unlikely there would be mass amounts of the PS3 glasses made with bad right lenses. Your post just further solidifies that (I bought 4 pair that all do it)... Keep this thread posted with any updates you happen to come across and I'll do the same...