Glasses for the Samsung ES7100? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-13-2012, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've got the samsung 55ES7100 which came with 4 glasses and I'm thinking about buying 4 more, in case I have guests. The glasses I have are the SSG-4100GB and use a battery. They seem comfortable and the picture is fine.

Are there better glasses, image wise, or are they all pretty much the same? If they're all the same, than these will do. They cost $18 and change on Amazon, which seems ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-30-2012, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hi Johnny, I was just researching the same thing. Looks like they pretty much all give about the same image quality, however comfort is a different story. CNET did a review of a couple of glasses and found the 4100 to be good for cheap glasses, but they recommend Panasonic's TY-ER3D4MU if you want nicer ones.

Here's the link: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57441520-221/sorta-universal-active-3d-tv-glasses-compared/
post #3 of 3 Old 10-31-2012, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks for the link to that article. I noticed this item about the Panasonic glasses:

The review said this about the Panasonics:
Quote:
The Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU are universal glasses compatible with the Full HD 3D and offer decent build quality and appreciably better picture quality than cheap glasses.

And this about the Samsungs"
Quote:
The Samsung and Panasonic glasses performed about the same, although if we had to pick one based on picture quality alone, it would be the Panasonic.

I've only got the Samsungs that came with the TV and I'm happy with them and, unfortunately, I'm sensitive to price. The Panny's cost close to $40 more per pair. I'm going to stick with the Samsungs.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Samsung Un46es7100 Led Hdtv , Samsung Un60es7100 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page