Could you recommend Processable 3D Contents? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-16-2012, 05:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I research the DOF*(;depth of field) effect in stereo vision, and want to investigate whether there is a difference of viewer’s eye fatigue between contents with DOF and without DOF.

So, I need the content that I can add the stereo vision and DOF effects.

Could you recommend any contents such that are typically used in 3D study area?

If this is off-topic, I’m so sorry.

*DOF: the distance between the nearest and farthest objects in a scene that appear acceptably sharp in an image. So, the objects without DOF are blurred.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-18-2012, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
This sounds like an interesting topic. I do not know the research, so do not know if there are scenes typically used, but I doubt there are any standard stimuli for such experiments.

It would be easier to conduct experiments using 3D still photography than 3D video, but you could construct scenes with foreground objects in focus and background objects in varying degrees of out-of-focus with video or with still photography. Obviously, you could do it using various different camera lenses, but you could also use a green screen (or blue screen, or black screen) method on your foreground objects, and then put those images in front of a background that you blur to varying degrees in software. I think using green screen methods with 3D would be pretty neat.

My personal experience is that I get less eye fatigue with large DOF 3D - everything in focus. The blurred objects with short DOF strain me some when I try to get them into focus but can't. I wonder how you will measure eye fatigue. Will you ask the viewers to rate it, or will you have a performance measure such as accuracy in counting objects in the video over time, or what?
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page