Viewing 3D photos on Sony BDP-S590 blu-ray player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-17-2012, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Sony BDP-S590, 3D Optoma Projector, and a Fuji W3 3d camera. I would like to use the Sony player to watch slideshows of photos I took with my Fuji but am having trouble. The blu-ray player plays 3D blu-rays just fine. But when I try to get the player to open an MPO file from the Fuji, I get a black screen. The screen flickers for a second as if turning on to 3D mode, but then it just goes black. It shows the thumbnails of my photos just fine and labels them as "MPO 3D" but it is just black when I try to open it. Anyone have any experience with this?

I would like to use my bluray player for this if possible, but are there any other convenient ways to view slideshows from my Fuji W3? I know I can connect my Fuji directly via HDMI, but I don't want to store all my photos on SD cards. I can connect my HTPC as 3D, but only in side-by-side mode, so I have to convert all my photos from MPO to half-width 1080P JPS, and the UI is difficult to use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-18-2012, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The only way I have been able to view MPO in 3D on my TV (admittedly Samsung, not Sony) was by connecting USB memory loaded with the MPOs directly to the TV - TV set to auto 3D. You might want to try that.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Sony Bdp S590 3d Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread - S590 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page