Monoprice 3d creator - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-20-2012, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having a strange issue. The 3d image converter works just fine when I hook it up to my laptop using 1080p 60hz at 1600-900 resolution 32bit color depth output. I then go to my Desktop ( gaming computer). And i mimic the exact video output settings i have on my laptop , but it doesnt work...... I'm so confuzed. The only visible difference between them is that my desktop uses a Dvi-hdmi converter so that it can be hooked up to my hdmi 3dtv (passive) 1080p. I believe there is no difference in video quality in Dvi and hdmi so it SHOULD be working, but it isnt.. Any ideas or possible solutions to this problem? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

150 views and no replies lol.. i am not surprised this is extremely unique, strange situation. This converter I bought is junk.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:32 AM

Liked: 11
Hi there

I have the same convertor and it works flawlessly, whatever input i send it to...so make shure you select an accepted format to the monoprice.
i know it won't accept INTERLACED (720i, 1080i). I tried with my desktop with dvi-hdmi and it works very good.

Hope this helps
Old 10-24-2012, 07:33 AM

Hi there

I have the same convertor and it works flawlessly, whatever input i send it to...so make shure you select an accepted format to the monoprice.
i know it won't accept INTERLACED (720i, 1080i). I tried with my desktop with dvi-hdmi and it works very good.

Hope this helps
Old 10-24-2012, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

I wish that were it.. I dunno man , i have an nvidia gtx470 and my only theory i can think of is that the driver isnt compatible or too powerfull... something along those lines. anyone else have same or similar card ? what settings are u using if u do?
Old 10-25-2012, 05:20 AM

Hi again

Try disabling the stereoscopic driver in Nvidia control panel. Then open a file. Use the same player that gave you success on your laptop till you see two images side by side, then press on the appropriate conversion button (3dtv, dlp, ect...) If you input is set to weather 720p or 1080p, it should work.

What is your display? dlp ready projector, 3dtv ??
Old 10-25-2012, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Ya i have it turned off, and the tv i use is a 3dtv.(passive)
Old 10-25-2012, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

This is extremely frustrating , there is no reason for it not to be working. It works fine on my laptop; and it should be working just as good on my gaming desktop .
Old 10-26-2012, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 70
According to the Monoprice website, it supports 480p, 720p, and 1080p, which are Consumer Electronics resolutions/scanrates. It doesn't look like computer resolutions are supported at all. Understand that 60 Hz for CE gear is actually 59.9-something-or-other, while 60 Hz for computers is 60.0. You may need PowerStrip or drivers that allow you to set up custom timing.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Old 10-28-2012, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Ya i believe its an HDCP- copyright protection, issue that my computer has thats preventing it from using the converter. Thats the only reason i can think of considering my gaming computer uses high end (newer graphics) card and hence higher copyright protection over the years. My laptop is much older and doesnt have that..