Panasonic - Viera - 3d glasses - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 10-29-2012, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello all,

i have a panasonic viera 65 inch and comcast cable. the other day i brought the matching 3d glasses and i had comcast turn on the 3d channels. When i go to a 3d channel it is usually a split screen and then it will pop up 3d signal detected please press the 3d button on the remote, i do that and the screen becomes one screen that is blurry. i believe this is the way 3d works. i then turn on the glasses and nothing happens. no 3d stays just as blurry. i charged the glasses and made sure nothing was blocking the glasses infra red or the tvs infra red.

i even returned the glasses for another pair and the same problem occurs. i have confirmed with the store i brought them at and also with panasonic and they confirm it should be working. i checked all 3d settings under the menu also. panasonic is at a loss and i am waiting for them to call me back, but was wondering if anyone on these forums has any suggestions.

btw glasses fully charged

seems that the glasses are not communicating with the TV, help!!!!! The place i brought it from wants 150 an hour ugh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-30-2012, 01:08 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Did you go thru the initial process to lock the glasses to the particular TV set?
You have to do that once with a new set of 3D glasses as specified in the instruction manual for the Panasonic 3D glasses.
Also make sure the 3D glasses models are compatible with your particular TV model.
The 2012 Panasonic plasma 3D TVs require the newer bluetooth 3D glasses, while the earlier 2010-2011 model TVs used infared (older 3D glasses models)
post #3 of 8 Old 10-30-2012, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

brisco thats what i thought but i see no where in the manual about pairing or locking, nor do i see how to do it in the settings of the tv. these are the ones i am using:

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TY-EW3D3LU
post #4 of 8 Old 10-30-2012, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

bump i have been on the phone with panasonic again with no resolution
post #5 of 8 Old 10-30-2012, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by micaaronfl View Post

brisco thats what i thought but i see no where in the manual about pairing or locking, nor do i see how to do it in the settings of the tv. these are the ones i am using:
http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TY-EW3D3LU
Those are infared 3D glasses for the 2011 Panasonic plasma models (ST30,GT30,VT30)
The 2012 models (ST50,GT50,VT50) require a bluetooth 3D glasses model.
What is the model number of your Panasonic plasma 3D TV?
post #6 of 8 Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

TC-P65ST30 - panasonic says there is no need to sync but alas it doesnt look like the tv and glasses are communicating. i also exchanged out the glasses but still nothing happens
post #7 of 8 Old 11-07-2012, 02:55 PM

It looks like those glasses are compatible with your TV, if you have exchanged the glasses and it still doesnt work, I would be wondering if the TV is defective.
Did you make sure the glasses were charged? do you get any lights on the glasses? I know some glasses you have to hold the power button in for a few seconds before they connect.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-07-2012, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

ur right defective infra red on TV, the place i brought it from came out and noticed the glasses werent activating. they also held there cell phone camera up to the infra red and nothing was shining. now waiting on panasonic to come out to replace it ugh. i wish the place would just exchange it out as it was brought one month ago.

thanks for the help though
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page