Got a 3dtv but slightly confused over full sbs 3d\full hd 3d - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-05-2012, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As said we got our tv last week, it's a 47" LG-47lk950 and very happy with it. It's stated as being able to take (as I'd have expected) frame packing & checker board via HDMI (in fact checker board is supported via usb on this model) along with the SBS & Top & Bottom etc . Now it does not state this has to be via HDMI 1.4 but the tv's connections are 1.4 apparently. And neither does it state the SBS & Top & Bottom are either full or half etc. But the spec page simply states a resolution of 1920x1080, buts whats to say thats not meant for both the left and right eys etc?.

I also have a media player thats seemingly only HDMI 1.3. But it can stream at least half SBS & OU 3D to the tv as well as playfull blu-ray images even if not the 3D version of the film as there is no menu availability to even access the chance of streaming the full 3D to the tv.

Anyway, in basic terms is the only way to get full 3d (better than half SBS & OU (Top & Bottom)) playing on this tv to invest in a 3D standalone blu-ray player seeing as it's simply not possible to connect my main pc (internal blu-ray player) to the tv let alone even know if the hardware is compatable in ther first place?.

I'm somewhat confused as there is a lot of information out there yet as I understant it the HDMI 1.4 is supposedly a pointless issue as thats supposed to be nothing more than increased transfer speed which I think I've read 3d blu-ray does not need such a transfer speed?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-06-2012, 11:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
3D BR players output their 3D content in HDMI 1.4a 3D framed packed full 3D format.
There are PC based 3D BR drives and players to play and output 3D in full HDMI 1.4 format. Check players such as PowerDVD 9 ultra. oe the top WinDVD releases.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page