questions about 3D SBS MKV's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-07-2012, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Do you guys notice any loss in the 3d effect on the sbs mkv's vs the full 3D Bluray? ( I know there will be a resolution lose).. Also, do all 3d sbs mkv's have the same 3d quality? So when ripping a 3D movie to create the SBS mkv, does the original 3D qualty and how it was filmed have any affect on the quality of the SBS image? I guess what I am asking is - when creating the SBS image, does the ripping software create its own 3d effect regardless of how the film was shot.

So does Avatar 3D Blu-ray ripped to SBS MKV have a better 3D effect than a weaker post converted 3D bluray movie or even a 2D movie that was ripped and converted to a 3D sbs image?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-17-2012, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
3D geometry ("depth effect") is not affectedby conversion to SbS MKV or other formats.

In fact, 3D depth cannot be changed at all in post production, but is determined by the cameras position (IO distance).

That is why cinema 3D, which is produced for the big screen, looks quite flat on a much smaller 3DTV screen.

br
Adult4D
post #3 of 3 Old 11-17-2012, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 49
The extra compression and loss of resolution have a definite impact. Depth isn't directly changed, but you do lose a lot without the sharpness of the original Blu-ray. I see no reason to view it any other way.

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page