HDMI Cable from early 2009 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-08-2012, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a new home in January 2009. At the time I had the finished basement pre-wired for a home theater (7 speakers, power and HDMI to ceiling for projector). I am finally getting around to start buying equipment. I was looking at the new Epson 5020 (3D) but am not sure if my circa 2009 era HDMI cable will support 3D. I am not sure exactly when high speed HDMI cables came out. I looked at the cable and it has 'Binary' on the connector which appears to be a HDMI cable made by SnapAV. The cable is very thick (almost rope like in texture).

What are the odds that this cable will support 3D? If it doesn't my options would be to pay more for the 5020E and try out the wireless HDMI (though my equipment will be on the side of the room and supposedly the HDMI transmitter needs to be directly facing the projector) OR just use mainly for 2D and if I occasionally want to watch 3D I could always temporarily connect a modern HDMI cable which I watch the move and then re-connect my other cable when finished.

Any comments would be much appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-08-2012, 05:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Any small gauge(thicker wire) HDMI cable less then 25 feet long should have no problem with passing 3D from a BR or PS3 3d player.
I have read of users using standard 50 Foot HDMI cables for 3D from other sources without a problem.
If your cable is 15 feet long or less you should have no problem.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-09-2012, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

Any small gauge(thicker wire) HDMI cable less then 25 feet long should have no problem with passing 3D from a BR or PS3 3d player.
I have read of users using standard 50 Foot HDMI cables for 3D from other sources without a problem.
If your cable is 15 feet long or less you should have no problem.

+1
I'm using close to 50' of standard Monoprice HDMI cable (24AWG, 2 cables joined with couplers + a short "port saver" cable) and have no problem passing 3D to my Epson 3010.

Ed
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page