3D issues....please help !!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-10-2012, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,
This is my 1st post on the site and I hope you can help. My set up is a Acer 3d ready P1200 projector , an optoma 3d xl , sky 3d and a set of acer ec2 active shutter glasses.

The problem is intermittent 3d signal ...I know that the projector is speaking with the 3d xl as I can get the 3d SBS message on screen but I can't switch on 3d on the projector , however I am still getting an intermittent signal when I turn on the glasses ( I get 3d for a few seconds and then switches off! )

Please help as I don't know wether it's the glasses or the projector that's the problem

Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Maybe the battery in the glasses is weak - that is the first thing to check or fix. It sounds like the projector is showing 3D fine, just that the glasses lose sync or shut off. But you could probably tell if the projector is sending 3D steadily just by watching it without glasses. A good 3D picture should look double and a little blurry without the glasses. If you are getting steady 3D picture, then the problem must be between the glasses and the projector, probably batteries. Possibly also something in your room could be interfering with the 3d sync signal, so if it is not the glasses batteries, turn off everything you can in the room that you can.

But if you find that the projector picture changes, then it is not the glasses. Another possibility might be your signal from the cable or satellite may be intermittent. You can tell that by recording a 3D show and see if the problem keeps happening at the same exact point in the show every time you replay it. If that is the case, sometimes rebooting the cable box will fix that.

Other people will recommend you start messing with your HDMI cables. I don't - it doesn't sound like an HDMI cable problem to me.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Wait a minute. You write that you cannot put your projector into 3D, but you get 3D for some seconds before the glasses switch off. That seems confusing, but if you do see 3D through the glasses even for a second, then everything I wrote above applies. If you don't actually see 3D, only see that the glasses turn on and then off again, that would be a very different thing.

Let us know what you find. Good luck.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-11-2012, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi
Thanks for the replies. I could try a new battery in the glasses , I suppose I didn't think it was that because they were brand new......what happens with the glasses is that I switch them on and the lenses flash 3 times and then I assume that they are working? There is no light on to indicate that they are still on!?

I have a 15m cable running from my sky box to my optoma 3d xl ...it is a 1.4 cable...would the length cause any problems??

I also sometimes find that when I am watching a 3d channel the glasses sometimes sync if the picture changes colour or if the programme is fairly quick ie. football etc.....

I am determined to get to the bottom of this!!
post #5 of 5 Old 11-11-2012, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

You will want to be systematic about this to save effort. First, watch 3D programming without glasses and determine as best you can whether the projected image on the screen is 3D. The clue will be a double image and a blurry image. If that is present consistently, then start watching with the glasses on. Turn on the glasses while looking through them and determine whether you ever see the 3D. You will know it if you see it.

By the way, usually we can bring up a menu on the projector to turn 3D on or off. If you turn the 3D off, you should see two images of your program side by side, or top to bottom. Then, when you turn 3D on with the projector remote, you should see the blurry double image without glasses and 3D with the glasses. Why not start there, let us know what you see, and we can go from there.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page