Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-13-2012, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Hey guys,

I'm new to 3D and have a few questions. I have built a dedicated theater in my house and failed to run the proper HDMI cable to run 3D. I have a HTPC where the video starts (intel HD Graphics 3000 and TMT5), it is then sent to my Onkyo TX-SR608 (HDMI 1.4 3D capable). The signal then is sent to a wall plate where the HDMI cable plugs in. On the back of the wall plate is a 30ft HDMI (1.3 not 3D compatible) and runs to another back end of a wall plate. Then, a 1ft HDMI cable is attached to the wall plate and my (soon to be) Optoma HD33 projector.

I know I need to replace the 30ft cable with a 1.4 HDMI cable, but am unsure where to buy one. Monoprice has High Speed "Redmere" cables but I've read issues with projectors where the cable is not recognized.

Also, all the other shorter HDMI runs... Do they also need to be HDMI 1.4 cables too??

Please help, I'd like to get everything I need in preparation for my new projector.

Thanks,

Xzener

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gamertag:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-14-2012, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I have an old 50ft HDMI cable that I bought used off ebay 5 years ago. I am shure its 1.3 and it works fine on my HD33 for 3D. It just needs to be high speed and of good quality. The older 1.3 just won,t conduct eithernet

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page