Panasonic Z10000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 11-15-2012, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HELP I purchased Panasonic Z10000 about a month ago. I did a continuous recording for 45 minutes in 3d and when I downloaded to edit the footage it gives me one folder of 22 minutes and the rest of the footage as a second folder. When trying to edit in Sony Vegas Pro 11 the first folder is in 3d but the second folder is in 2d. Have tried editing in EDIUS and both folders are in 3d but I have about 2 frames of audio missing at the end of the first folder which causes problems when I try to sync the 2 folders together as the video is ok but the audio is not.

If continuous recording should I not just have one sequence folder? Have been in touch with seller who says there is nothing wrong with the camcorder and they say it is a software fault. It cannot be a software fault with both Sony and Edius! Has anyone tried continuously recording for longer than 30 minutes and experienced the same problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-17-2012, 10:32 AM

Your problem comes from the 4GB limit of the FAT32 file system.
SD cards in the Z10000 camera are formatted in FAT32 ...

NTFS file system (the Windows standard) would fix the problem, but the camera does not accept NTFS formatted SD cards.

br
Adult4D
post #3 of 15 Old 11-17-2012, 12:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Adult4D is partly correct but not the complete solution.

The camcorder probably came with software to import the special files from the camcorder to your hard drive for editing. I don't have a Z10k but the Sony camcorders have PMB software. Here, you import the clips as video, not individual files, using a USB connection cable. When the import takes place the various files are stitched together properly, making a thumbnail and syncing up the audio too ( behind the scenes ). Windows Explorer can't do this. It just sees the individual files and these are not ready to be used on your computer.

You can also use a tool in Vegas Pro to import the clips and correct them. It is called "Device Explorer" under the drop down menu "View" Just connect the camcorder to the computer with the USB cable and Vegas loads the driver and allows access directly.
post #4 of 15 Old 11-17-2012, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

.Thanks for the reply. I already have 2 Sony TD10 which I dont have any problems with 3d editing, downloading in Vegas and even Edius. The problem I have is with the Z10000. When it is set to record for longer than 22 minutes it creates separate sequences for this length of time. The video content from the sequences is ok but at the end of the first sequence folder there is 12 frames of audio missing which means the video will sync but the audio will not. Even in Vegas you can see there is 12 frames of audio missing at the end. It is all downloaded by usb cable and I have never had any problems working from my TD10 3d editing which are the same files as the Panasonic Z10000. I dont have any problems when recording in 2d for any length of time the video and audio are fine and I only have one sequence folder. its only when filming in 3d that I have this problem of the audio missing from the last 12 frames of first sequence folder. Would appreciate any suggestions to rectify this problem.
post #5 of 15 Old 11-28-2012, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Probably, as Don noted, you maybe did not import your z10000 video into Vegas using the import utility. You maybe just used Windows Explorer. Try importing your 3D videos into Vegas with its built in file import feature, and see if the audio and all are ok then.
post #6 of 15 Old 11-29-2012, 04:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 99
If you import with HD Writer XE 1.0, which came on the Panasonic utility disc, you won't have the problem. It'll stitch together the separate MTS files into one clean m2ts file.

Joe Clark

post #7 of 15 Old 08-01-2013, 09:27 AM

Hello

HD writer XE won't merge files into one big file. It always splits in 4gb files, whatever I'm doing there. Couldn't find an option also that would merge files in one big file.
I found, that in Vegas I can import using device manager, and this imports as one big file. (I have NTFS system with windows 7)
But I have some previously imported files with HD writer XL, but only later I found, that those files is splitted in 4gb files, and only first one is recognized in Sony Vegas as 3d.
And now I can't use Vegas device manager to those files to get one big file.
I was trying to copy back to SD card with HD writer's copy to media, but somehow it shows an error when it want to copy on SD card. I suppose it wants that it copy stright to the camera, bet with the Z10000 connected, it shows, that it is in readonly mode (lock switch is off), and cant copy that way. Sd card was formated using the camera, as a manual suggested.
Did you somehow found any solution?
Merging is not that important, that only Sony Vegas would recognize those splitted files as 3d, but it only shows, that there is one video track, even though there are two and HD Writer plays as 3d all file. (Mediainfo confirms)

Thanks
post #8 of 15 Old 08-02-2013, 02:28 AM
AVS Club Gold

Be sure your "properties" is setup for 3D in Vegas.
post #9 of 15 Old 08-02-2013, 04:45 AM

Thanks for the reply

Yes, 3d is on. In fact, when I put two splited files one after another, first one shows in 3d, but secont one not. Also in file properties first one shows 2 video streams, but second only one. Vegas just don't want to recognize second files as MVC. Even powerDVD player recognizes second file and plays it in 3d.
post #10 of 15 Old 08-02-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Club Gold

Indris- I hope to get to my edit room later today so I will try to look at what may cause your problem and get back to you. I have not experienced the same problem here. You did verify that second clip had the properties 'Pair with next clip" selected right? If I recall that can create a a similar problem you describe.
post #11 of 15 Old 08-02-2013, 10:25 AM

There is only one video stream (according to Vegas), therefore the "pair with next clip" don't do anything.
Somehow I managed to export as AVCHD in HD writter XE, then used the device manager in Vegas to import as one file, but no it wont recognize that file as 3d, even though every other program does.
So I imported it in Cyperlink Powerdirector11 and exported as side by side 3d video. Better that, than none.
post #12 of 15 Old 08-02-2013, 11:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

I meant examine the clip in the timeline by right clicking on the clip. Then, select media tab and examine the last item "Stereoscopic 3D mode" It should read Pair with next stream. If it is "OFF" select "Pair with next stream." If it is selected then we need to examine further. I am recording a larger clip than 4Gb on my Z10K now so I have something to work with. I believe that was what you are working with that has the problems. I didn't have any that large except from my TD10 camcorder.

The first test I will do is to be sure it comes in as one larger than 4Gb clip which is what it should do. If I can reproduce your problem of separate clips, we can try to find out what caused it, or give you the method I use that doesn't have the problem. But in the meantime- you can check the clips as I stated above.
post #13 of 15 Old 08-02-2013, 01:38 PM

Yes, I did exactly that, in clip's properties set "pair with next stream". It will show 3d for the first part, but not for the second. Also in the same dialog, there is list of streams, accordinly first has two video streams, but second has one.
Camera breaks files apart at about 22 minutes.

It is probably some bug of the Sony Vegas software. It can't read multiparted MVC files as one when imported like files, not with device manager. At least now I know how to import properly (not with HD writer XE), and it will not happen again.

Thanks
post #14 of 15 Old 08-02-2013, 02:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

I shot a scene for 92 minutes which produced 5 files 4 were 4.18 Gb on the SD card in the Streaming folder. I connected the Z10K with a USB cable and the 16.78Gb file showed up in Device Explorer. Not the five MTS files. It is now importing the clip to Vegas I have some other clips in 3D also on the SD card and those are all short clips.

OK it did take awhile. I haven't used the Device Explorer to import such a large file before.

Just to get the 92 minute clip ( 5 files ) to show up in the Device Explorer tool took about 10 minutes and then about 20 minutes to import it to the Project media. From there, I pulled it to the timeline and it came in as a single 92 minute clip in full 3D.

I did not try to use the HD Writer XE this time but I have used it in the past for short clips with no problem either.

So, I was not able to duplicate your trouble here. Is it possible you didn't wait long enough for the single large clip to load? Everything worked as it should, but just took awhile due to moving that 16.78Gb clip across the USB line. Once it shows up there is a timeline that moves rather slow during the import process.
post #15 of 15 Old 08-02-2013, 02:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Test # 2- HD Writer XE 1.0:

As with the Vegas Device Explorer I had never tried the Panasonic Z10k for large files before so I tried to duplicate your results and had some success.

I opened up the USB connect of the Z10k and saw the 92 minute video clip in HD Writer. I then set a folder to export it to and selected it and imported the clip. While it showed up in the HD Writer window as a single 92 minute clip and played fine ( 2D) It actually still showed up as 5 large files. When I pulled all those files into Vegas timeline, like your problem the first one was in 3D and the remaining were 2D and I was not able to correct that. It appears there is a bug in the HD Writer EX software for 3D large / long video. I wonder if there is a newer version. Mine is 1.0.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page