lg active 3d dual view glasses - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 11-15-2012, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
just got the new cod game and it says it has dual view. so i want to use this feature but here is the thing

The tv i have is the 60pz750 which uses active glasses. if i put the dual view on the game and use my glasses with up down 3d view and close my right eye i get player ones view and close my left eye i get player 2 view . do they sell active 3d dual view glasees that i can keep both my eyes open?

if not is there a way to pop out the lense of a active glasses so i cam put the two left lenses and the 2 right lenses in one pair of glasses?

am i confusing anyone:}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-15-2012, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
It sounds like the TV doesn't support it, in which case you're stuck. Does the TV's documentation have any information about setting it that way? I know some TVs have an option for setting glasses to "2D mode", where the lenses flash simultaneously, allowing only one view to be seen.. that's the same setting that Dual View would use.

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-18-2012, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi2016 View Post

It sounds like the TV doesn't support it, in which case you're stuck. Does the TV's documentation have any information about setting it that way? I know some TVs have an option for setting glasses to "2D mode", w
here the lenses flash simultaneously, allowing only one view to be seen.. that's the same setting that Dual View would use.

the tv has top bottom split 3d and if i put it on that each eye of my glasses has a diffrent view, how hard woud it be to take out the lense of a active pair of glasses so i can swap out the lenses to get a l/l r/r pair of glasses? is there any wires going to the lenses themselfs cause when you do turn on the glasses they get darker?

thanks
post #4 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
There are glasses that do this:
Xpand X104 YOUniversal 3D glasses

http://www.amazon.com/Xpand-X104LX1-YOUniversal-Glasses-Large-Blue/dp/B0062G4728

They have l/l and r/r support for dual view.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the responce but where do you see that its dual view L/L R/R compatiaal? also i have a plasma 3d is that ok?"
post #6 of 8 Old 11-20-2012, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadam123 View Post

thanks for the responce but where do you see that its dual view L/L R/R compatiaal? also i have a plasma 3d is that ok?"

Here are some places that mention dual view support:

http://www.xpand.me/support/forum/product-support/xpand-youniversal-electronic-3d-eyewear/157/
Quote:
With double click on the button you can access just what you mentioned. You can cycle between LEFT only, RIGHT only and normal 3D. Setting is indicated via "X LED".

If your TV emits dual view sync (some Philips and Panasonic TVs can do that) you will be able to cycle just between LEFT and RIGHT only (Player 1 and Player 2 with other words for dual gaming).
http://reviews.cnet.com/home-entertainment-accessories/xpand-x104-youniversal-3d/4505-7855_7-35307586-2.html
Quote:
The PC connection also allows for firmware upgrades. One recent update apparently added support for dual view -- where two 2D programs can be viewed simultaneously on the same 3D TV by two different viewers.

As for compatibility:
Quote:
Compatibility
XPAND YOUniversal 3D glasses are compatible with all major brands of 3D LCD TVs, 3D
DLP TVs and 3D Plasma TVs that use IR synchronisation with 3D eyewear (glasses won’t
work with TVs, laptops and projectors that use RF for 3D sync signal or passive displays).
For YOUniversal 3D Glasses to work with TVs that use radio frequency for 3D sync signal,
XPAND’s RF Dongle (radio frequency extension) is necessary. It is available as extra
accessory.
Additionally XPAND equipped cinemas and some 3D capable personal computers are
supported as well
post #7 of 8 Old 03-16-2013, 07:40 PM

THANK YOU, I have searching for this answer all day.
I have A 65" LED LCD Sony tv and want to use simulView and dual view with my PS3 and these glasses will do the trick of L/L and R/R as the sound of it.
BIG Thanks you

RiZ

The female is the most complicated thing on the planet
post #8 of 8 Old 05-05-2013, 03:03 PM

Hi all:)
Just wondering if anyone has actually got this working?
I too want to give it a try for black ops II but I can't get a straight answer from xpand on if the x105 or x104 glasses will actually do this with a projector or tv "that doesn't say it does dual view." I'm not sure why it would need a special signal from the TV, telling it to go into manual mode should be enough? I have been given the impression that the x104 glasses can be set manually, I like the x105 better but the documentation for them says it needs the proper signal from the tv or it won't work.

I plan on using them with a Panasonic AE8000

Thanks!
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page