Help with subtitles on 3D! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-27-2012, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone!!

it's great to find a place like this, where i surely will find a solution to my problem...

i just bought a 40" Samsung UN40EH6030 and a HTIAB Samsung HT-D5500K, both 3D capable...

So... when i watch 3D blu-rays (so far, i have tested titanic 3D, avatar 3D and The avengers 3D) and the picture is great! buuut... the subtitles have this "ghost" on the back... really annoying!!

the Home Theater, on its 3D menu, only have two options... "play 3D content automatically" it's set ON
and the second option is the size of my Screen... i put the 40" but still... the subtitles look sharp on the front... but a bigger text on the back...

what can i do? Thanks in advance!

PS. Sorry about my english... i'm from Mexico.. that's why i use the subtitles a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

hello??? is anybody there? smile.gif
post #3 of 5 Old 12-19-2012, 04:06 PM

Liked: 11
I'm having the same problem using Samsung TV UN40EH6030 with Samsung BD3D player HT-E4500K.
The subtitles can be aligned using the "3D Perspective" settigs in your TV Menu --> Picture --> 3D --> 3D Settings. Try moving up and down to get them straight. Although, this alignment seems not to be even throughout the screen, so the rest of the picture could get a little "ghosty" when you do this.

The subtitles seem to be less anoying in some movies, like "Prometheus 3D" in wich i find them to be no trouble.

Does anyone have the same issue? Any other solutions? Is it just this TV or does this happen in other 3D TV's or home theater settings?

Greetings!
post #4 of 5 Old 12-30-2012, 03:33 PM

Liked: 11
It got a lot better (even the 3D Image) changing the TV Screen Size from 16:9 to"Screen Fit" on the TV Menu. But still some subtitles seem ghosty.

Anyone else!??
Juaco Wolvie likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcardenasj View Post

I'm having the same problem using Samsung TV UN40EH6030 with Samsung BD3D player HT-E4500K.
The subtitles can be aligned using the "3D Perspective" settigs in your TV Menu --> Picture --> 3D --> 3D Settings. Try moving up and down to get them straight. Although, this alignment seems not to be even throughout the screen, so the rest of the picture could get a little "ghosty" when you do this.
The subtitles seem to be less anoying in some movies, like "Prometheus 3D" in wich i find them to be no trouble.
Does anyone have the same issue? Any other solutions? Is it just this TV or does this happen in other 3D TV's or home theater settings?
Greetings!

thanks for your reply... i adjusted the "3D Perspective" and the "3D Depth"... the crosstalk is corrected a little... but, sometimes, there are certain scenes during a movie where the crosstalk is minimum... and other scenes where the image crosstalk is simply awful... and simply i can't correct it... =(

just saw Hugo 3D edition... almost perfect picture... the less crosstalked movie i've seen on my LED.... but the scene where Sacha Baron moves toward the camera is almost unbearable to watch due the crosstalk!!
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page