I could really use some help setting up "dual monitors" and one show 3D - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-30-2012, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out and why it won't work. First off, here is my set up: Samsung 60ES7500 (3D TV), Pioneer Elite SC-25 (Not 3D capable), Oppo BDP-103 (using the dual HDMI outs, one to the TV and one to the receiver), HTPC with nvidia GTX 650 video card (3D card). I am running the HDMI cable from the video card to the HDMI in on the Oppo and the DVI cable to my computer monitor. I've also got a few other things connected but they are not really important for this discussion. Ok, so my main goal of all of this is to use Power DVD 12 to play full 3D bluray .iso movies on my Samsung in full 3D. For some reason they will not play in full 3D, I can only convert 2D - 3D and I'm not looking to do that. I feel like I've tried everything yet this just isn't working. If anyone has any advice on what to possibly try I will be very thankful. If I can't utilize this set up that I have I will be very disappointed, ya know.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-01-2012, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I too had a hard time setting up my NVidia drivers to use dual monitors with one having 3D. What worked for me was to set it up first with only the 3D display connected. Go through the set up 3D display process in the NVidia driver (if you want instructions on that just ask.)
You will get the 3D working, then plug in your 2nd monitor, let the PC recognize it and that will be your secondary monitor.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-01-2012, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickMcKaha View Post

I too had a hard time setting up my NVidia drivers to use dual monitors with one having 3D. What worked for me was to set it up first with only the 3D display connected. Go through the set up 3D display process in the NVidia driver (if you want instructions on that just ask.)
You will get the 3D working, then plug in your 2nd monitor, let the PC recognize it and that will be your secondary monitor.

Thank you for the comments. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks
post #4 of 6 Old 12-01-2012, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, so here's the problem I'm having. When I try to change the resolution for my TV to HD 3D I just get a blank white screen. Another problem is when I go through the stereoscopic 3D wizard I get that same white screen. It seems there is something with the Oppo that is not letting me use my TV as a 3D display and I'm not sure why? Would anybody be familiar with a setting I have to change in the Oppo or TV to allow this? I get full 3D while actually watching a 3D blueray so something is weird?
post #5 of 6 Old 12-01-2012, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, so now I have enabled the stereoscopic 3D on my computer but when I play a 3D iso with PowerDVD12 it still doesn't show in 3D. My TV goes to 3D mode and the glasses turn on, I also enable 3D with powerDVD but still nothing. I really don't get it.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-02-2012, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hmmmmm. At this point, people can probably step you through a process to find the problem, but not know what it is until it is found. Next thing to do is to connect your 3D display directly to your video card, without the Oppo or anything else in between. See if you get good 3D directly from your computer that way, and if so, start inserting your components back in one at a time. You will notice that the NVidia driver will identify your display by name, and once you re-insert the Oppo, the display name in the driver will change to that.
If 3D works when the display is connected directly but not with the Oppo in the chain, then we get to start focusing on settings on the Oppo.
Reply 3D Tech Talk