Different OS for my Bravia? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-11-2013, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
While Im attempting to get Sony to do the right thing and provide an update to authorize other Bravia EDID's for Simulview, Im wondering if there are any places someone might find 'different' OS's being designed so we can do what Sony wont? I figured since they already did it on various consoles, others would have been irratated enough with Sony's lack of implementing Simulview on existing 240 hz Bravia's to sidestep them and make it so.

Would it even be possible?

My $1500 Bravia is a bit pricey to risk it right now, but Im sure Ill get tired of Sony ever taking the wrong path, both for its own growth as well as existing consumer relations. mad.gif

Pass it on... George Washington, and other patriots, didnt say 'just dont tell them our names.'

They stood in the face of CERTAIN death and said "We are the founders of America... we are not an anonymous group of obscurity and we WILL produce the greatest nation in the world!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-12-2013, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Im interested in fixing the functionality Simulview for my TV, as Sony would rather use this awesome feature to market only the newest models. What would you want to 'fix'?

Pass it on... George Washington, and other patriots, didnt say 'just dont tell them our names.'

They stood in the face of CERTAIN death and said "We are the founders of America... we are not an anonymous group of obscurity and we WILL produce the greatest nation in the world!!!"
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page