Ps3 with Benq MS517 for Bluray 3d Problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-15-2013, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've searched everything I can think of through Google, hopefully someone here can give me a confirmed answer.

Please be patient, I am new to 3d

I bought my Benq a couple weeks ago. It was on sale for $200. It wasn't only the price that made me choose this projector, it said right on the box that it supported 3d bluray playback. I have a brand new high speed HDMI cable. In the projectors 3d menu I can select 4 different 3d settings(side by side, frame sequential, top bottom and frame packing). I read that 3d blurays use frame packing 3d so I set the projector to that setting. I went into the ps3 video settings and it auto detected that I had a 3d display connected and it asked what size my screen was. I tried to start the movie and it started up fine, without the glasses it looked blurry. I turned my active dlp glasses on and put them on. It didn't look any different. It still looked blurry. I know the glasses had battery power because I used them afterward to watch a SBS movie and they worked fine

I should also mention that 3d works fine when playing gran truismo 5 and a couple other games and this is my only 3d bluray(I don't want to invest another $40 if I am not able to take advantage of the 3d)

Am I doing something wrong? Is it the ps3? The projector? Maybe it's the 3d bluray(Rescue 3d)?

Any help will be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 07:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Did you try reversing the eye sync in the PJ for left and right eyes?
Old 01-21-2013, 05:24 AM

Hello,

i had the same Problem with my MW519, Gaming and Sky 3D(SBS 60hz 1080i) works great, Blu-Ray not.

The Problem are the Glasses, they have to support 96/144Hz, if not, they will not sync at 1080p 24hz.
If you try other Glasses, you will be able to see Bluray 3D.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter

Awesome. A member on another forum said the same thing. I ordered a couple pairs of the cheapy Ebay glasses. Ill report how they work when I get them