what 3d glasses to use with Mitsubishi wd73642 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-21-2013, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Somebody please help me I'm in 3d glasses overload ir vs dlp link, rechargable vs battery and on and on. I have found no glasses that list wd 73642 being compatible somebody please point me in the right direction I was thinking dlp link but would like to know pro vs cons and which ones will work with this tv. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Can you disable DLP link flash on your set? If not, get DLP Link glasses for sure. IR glass do not block the DLP Link flash and you get washed out blacks. Rechargeable glasses aren't necessary. Most glasses use those quarter sized cells, they last forever. I haven't changed my batteries in two years (light use). You can get replacement batteries on ebay for about $3 for 6 of them. There are tons of suggestions on this forum on which glasses to buy. For cheapo glasses the ultraclears are fine. For better ones there are the True Depth 3D glasses - people on here swear by them. For older, ugly, uncomfortable, but great PQ you can get Optoma ZD101s. I hate them but others find them to be excellent.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
use the Sony Ps3 monitor universal glasses. Work great and even states works with mitsubishi on the package. they are about $20 each.