VIP 3D-Theater PLUS - AVS Forum
3D Tech Talk > VIP 3D-Theater PLUS
Mike191's Avatar Mike191 08:03 AM 02-05-2013
Does anyone have this new product yet? It is capable of 1080p at 60hz. It is almost double the price and wondered if it was worth the extra money?

Rolls-Royce's Avatar Rolls-Royce 09:30 AM 02-05-2013
I do, and I discussed it in the VIP Theater thread. Whether or not you feel it's worth the money is entirely up to you. My point of reference for value is the fact that I was an early adopter of the Theater, which was $599 at the time. So for the same money I paid back then, I get a better feature set and higher performance.
Mike191's Avatar Mike191 02:07 PM 05-15-2013
Now that it appears the line of products has been discontinued except for the theater plus, is this product going to be here long?
Mike191's Avatar Mike191 07:21 AM 08-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike191 View Post

Now that it appears the line of products has been discontinued except for the theater plus, is this product going to be here long?

I guess not.
thunderman's Avatar thunderman 05:57 AM 08-22-2013
Hi iv a mitshibusi ex240u is 3d ready I bought the optoma 3dxl but can't get my projector to open the menu to switch to 3d mode it shows on screen as being in 120hz mode and in 3d but my projector won't hi light the mode??? Is it incomparable??
Kilgore's Avatar Kilgore 01:05 PM 08-22-2013
Does the Theater Plus use the same emitter as the older 3D Theater?
nickels55's Avatar nickels55 12:37 PM 08-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderman View Post

Hi iv a mitshibusi ex240u is 3d ready I bought the optoma 3dxl but can't get my projector to open the menu to switch to 3d mode it shows on screen as being in 120hz mode and in 3d but my projector won't hi light the mode??? Is it incomparable??

From what I understand your projector doesn't have to be in 3D mode. I have a 3D HDTV, and when I use the Theatre device my TV's 3D option is also not available. The device is what does all the work, the projector is just displaying the output from the device. Think about it, why are you trying to get the projector to go into 3D mode? Once you have the device connected and play something 3D through it, the projector doesn't need to be in 3D mode for it to work. The VIP sends the proper images and syncs the glasses. Make sense?

For a point of reference, without the VIP Theatre device when I use my TV in 3D mode (with a 3DA-1 adapter) the only options are 3D ON, and 3D inverted. The Theatre device/emitter for it handles both of these functions so there is no need to put my TV into 3D mode when using it.
Rolls-Royce's Avatar Rolls-Royce 06:06 PM 08-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post

Does the Theater Plus use the same emitter as the older 3D Theater?

Yep!

There is a newer emitter but you don't need it. It looks exactly like the older emitters, with the sole exception of the colors of the LEDs. It has improved firmware that gives better control of glasses adjustment than the older emitter and works with the older glasses as well. If you use the software management utility, it gives better results with either emitter.
augiedoggy's Avatar augiedoggy 11:33 AM 08-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post

From what I understand your projector doesn't have to be in 3D mode. I have a 3D HDTV, and when I use the Theatre device my TV's 3D option is also not available. The device is what does all the work, the projector is just displaying the output from the device. Think about it, why are you trying to get the projector to go into 3D mode? Once you have the device connected and play something 3D through it, the projector doesn't need to be in 3D mode for it to work. The VIP sends the proper images and syncs the glasses. Make sense?

For a point of reference, without the VIP Theatre device when I use my TV in 3D mode (with a 3DA-1 adapter) the only options are 3D ON, and 3D inverted. The Theatre device/emitter for it handles both of these functions so there is no need to put my TV into 3D mode when using it.
it does if your using dlp link glasses.... right?
what does this conversation have to do with the topic of this thread?
nickels55's Avatar nickels55 12:02 PM 08-28-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post

it does if your using dlp link glasses.... right?
what does this conversation have to do with the topic of this thread?

I'd answer you, but it's off topic.
Up
Mobile  Desktop