Excelvan 3d glasses staying in sync - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 02-07-2013, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Mitsubishi tv model wd-65c10 set on 3d and DLP link on, I am using a Panasonic 3d blu ray model dmp-bdt220 set on checkerboard. I purchased Excelvan DLP link 3d ready glasses model QT0000101 and charged them completely. My problem is that the glasses do not stay in sync. I flash from white to black and I am always having to push the button on the glasses to get them back on 3d. Does anyone know if this is normal or am I doing something wrong. Help Please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-07-2013, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Is this happening when you turn your head or are you sitting far from the center of the screen ("off-axis")? I ask because the glasses sync on a white flash given off at intervals that is incorporated into what you are watching on-screen. Turning your head, looking up or down, or sitting too far off-axis can interfere with the glasses' abilty to see and trigger on that flash. Your hairstyle may also be interfering by partially blocking the sensor on the glasses.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #3 of 12 Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

I'm sitting in front of tv about 100" from it but my 3d player is under the tv about 25" on shelf. its a 65" tv.

Thanks for all your help
post #4 of 12 Old 02-08-2013, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
That is a little far but should still be in range. Try sitting a few feet closer and see if it makes a difference. FWIW I sit about 6' away from my 61" set, and lose sync at around 9-10' with DLP link glasses.Make sure the room is dark and that there are no light sources nearby throwing off the glasses. When I get light interference this little trick sometimes works: take a small piece of black tape and cover half of the sensor on the glasses. Sometimes the glasses let in too much light into the sensor and it makes the glasses loses sync. This trick works very well on my glasses if I watch something during the day where there is more light in the room.
debbiedarby25 likes this.
post #5 of 12 Old 02-08-2013, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

The player's location doesn't really matter, since it's the TV that is giving off the sync pulse. If you drew a line straight out from the center of the TV to your seating position (I assume it's a couch), are you sitting on that line, or far to one side or the other of it? That's what I meant by "off-axis".

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #6 of 12 Old 02-08-2013, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post

That is a little far but should still be in range. Try sitting a few feet closer and see if it makes a difference. FWIW I sit about 6' away from my 61" set, and lose sync at around 9-10' with DLP link glasses.Make sure the room is dark and that there are no light sources nearby throwing off the glasses. When I get light interference this little trick sometimes works: take a small piece of black tape and cover half of the sensor on the glasses. Sometimes the glasses let in too much light into the sensor and it makes the glasses loses sync. This trick works very well on my glasses if I watch something during the day where there is more light in the room.

Wow. Good info. I've never used DLPLink glasses, so was unaware of extraneous light sources interfering with them.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #7 of 12 Old 02-08-2013, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

I will put tape on glasses and see if that helps. Thanks for all your help
post #8 of 12 Old 02-08-2013, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Good to know that about my player I was just gonna go to all the trouble and move it up some. lol I am sitting in front of tv but it sets up high and I am looking upwards, should I lower my tv? thanks for all your help
post #9 of 12 Old 02-08-2013, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

So if I turn my head and lose sync, should i then push the button on glasses to turn them back on or will they just sync back once I am looking at tv again? Sorry for all the questions, just new to this and I LOVE 3D :-)
post #10 of 12 Old 02-08-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedarby25 View Post

So if I turn my head and lose sync, should i then push the button on glasses to turn them back on or will they just sync back once I am looking at tv again? Sorry for all the questions, just new to this and I LOVE 3D :-)

Yes, that's what I'd do. Regarding moving your TV, as long as it's angled to point straight at you, you should be OK. Some displays have problems with color shifting as you move off axis. If your display does that, it could make the white flash the glasses are looking for appear as a colored flash and they may not pick that up. Of course, there's always the possibility that your glasses aren't that robust. Hopefully, that isn't the case.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #11 of 12 Old 02-08-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
On mine, if I look away and lose sync the glasses automatically regain sync when I look back at the TV.
post #12 of 12 Old 02-08-2013, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

THANKS EVERYBODY for all you help :-)
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page