Samsung UN46ES8000 3D Help. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-14-2013, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all, so I finally purchased a UN46ES8000. (I love the TV) I am mainly using the TV as my PC/Steam Big Picture monitor. But I have a problem when viewing 3D movies in Media Player Classic. This did not happen with my old Samsung PN51D8000. When I watch a movie in 3D and hit the 3D button to combine the images as one I get these weird long rectangle boxes on both sides of my screen. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Let me also note that the 3D is focused and looks fine while watching any movie. I know it is not a ghosting issue. It just those boxes make the image in those sections look darker or lighter compared to everything else.

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-15-2013, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Isn't that an issue with the aspect ratio? The TV will put up black bars if the content isn't the correct aspect ratio for the TV. Are there buttons on the remote to change the mode from like full screen to zoomed? Were these same files full screen on your last TV?
post #3 of 4 Old 02-15-2013, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post

Isn't that an issue with the aspect ratio? The TV will put up black bars if the content isn't the correct aspect ratio for the TV. Are there buttons on the remote to change the mode from like full screen to zoomed? Were these same files full screen on your last TV?

I just checked and no its not an issue with the aspect ratio because the black bars don't exist when the file is on side by side mode before I hit the 3d button. I tried changing the aspect ration through the tv when the 3d mode is on and the tv tells me I cant use that function while 3d is on. This happens with all my 3D movies that I have watched and saw fine on my old set.

Do you have any other ideas?
post #4 of 4 Old 02-16-2013, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Before

After

In case anyone is interested or encounters the same problem I had, I finally found the solution to my problem. biggrin.gif The reason I was seeing those bars was because even though my PC/TV was saying my resolution was at 1080p it was not. When I open the NVIDIA control panel it was telling me my TV was displaying at 1080p but it was not at the resolution of 1920 by 1080. It was set at 1860 by 960. When I set it to the default resolution of 1080p the image would overlap off the screen, so I hit cancel to revert back to 1860 by 960. So in the TV settings I set the the option to naming the HDMI/DVI source 1 to DVI PC and then the TV set the image back to to the size of 1860 by 960 but now it is centered on the screen and I can see a huge border around the image. So no when I set my PC to full 1080p the TV screen fills completely without the overlapping. Now I can see the entire image in 3D without those bars and maaaaaan does 3D look real good on this set. I am so happy with this TV.

My only regret is that I got the 46 instead of the 55. I am currently on day 5 of my 30 days, so I am tempted to go back and return this TV for the 55. Bigger is better, no? wink.gif
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page