trioviz infinicolor 3d glasses with standard purple/green anaglyph content? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-18-2013, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 2d led projector and am interested in 3d movies and 3d gaming, I have tridef and stereoscopic player. I have red/cyan glasses and the colors re almost non existant very dull colors. Im looking for a way to get decent 3d images will purple/green glasses be any better? and will the trioviz glasses work better than standard magenta/green glasses?

I need to know so I know if I should cancel my order! 40 bucks is like a few cases of B,.R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-19-2013, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Not sure if your projector is compatible, but check out VIP 3D Displayer or Theater. They will both cost you many, many, many cases of beer. Like 4 kegs worth.

Displayer:
http://www.consignia.ca/products/VIP-3D%252dDisplayer-DLP-Projector-%7B47%7D-TV-Adapter-Converter-for-3D-Gaming-%26-Blu%252dRay-Movies.html

Theater:
http://www.consignia.ca/products/VIP-3D%252dTheater-DLP-Projector-%7B47%7D-TV-Adapter-Converter-for-3D-Gaming-Blu%252dRay-%26-Broadcast-3D.html

This is real active 3D, not the colored gel version.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for that looks interesting.

1) how does it work
2) glasses link
3) what does it convert
4) can I hook it up to my projector which is hooked up to my tv
5) is green/magenta better than red/cyan
post #4 of 9 Old 02-20-2013, 03:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I don't know much content that uses Trioviz magenta/green colour combination. As far as I know Tridef only supports Red/cyan anaglyph.
The only things I know are Youtube which has a green magenta option, and the Console version of videogame Batman Arkham city (not on PC, on PC it's optimised for Nvidia 3D Vision).

Magenta green isn't better than red/cyan, it's still a colour mess, there is no miracle here. The only thing is it may or may not be better depending on the content you use.
Some content show up better with red/cyan, some better with yellow/blue, some better with magenta/green.
I have only tested the Trioviz glasses for a few minutes at a trade show (showing the batman game), they modified to game colours to make the picture easier on the eyes, it looked quite good but the game has very little colour (well it's Batman).
From my experience with other types of glasses, red/cyan is the most consistent when using random content.

Passive 3D, forever !
My Full-HD dual-projector passive polarised 3D setup. (really out of date ! I need to update it some day...)

post #5 of 9 Old 02-20-2013, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

thank you. I cancelled trioviz.

wikipedia says magenta/green gives better colors. and someone said it gave more pop. I will have to wait and see then report back.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-20-2013, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter

as for the vip theater! wouldn't I just be better off buying the ml500?
post #7 of 9 Old 02-20-2013, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye84 View Post

as for the vip theater! wouldn't I just be better off buying the ml500?

IMO you'd be better off buying the Optoma GT750. That projector is better than a 3D ready projector, as it is fully 3D capable out of the box. The ml500 is 3D ready, which means you'll also need the Optoma 3DXL converter box to get all of the 3D formats working with it. When you add the cost of the two together it is more affordable to just buy the GT750.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-20-2013, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

problem is I have it setup in my bedroom 12 feet back and with the gt I would have a 200 plus in image which wouldn't work. I have tridef and steroscpoic player for 3d so no need for 3d xl.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-20-2013, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

I think magenta/green glasses will suit my needs and budget. you get 3d movies and games with good colors for 8 bucks/ or spend 1000 on great colors...colors that are slightly better is not worth the cash imo
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page