I suffer from mild brain damage and need some assistance with 3d old school - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-21-2013, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a anaglyph setup which I love, but I get ghosting and poor colors. how do I reduce this frankly?

1)should colors be well saturated
) two should I fine tune red up or down blue up or down ect
3) is their a program that does a better job at editing colors
4) help help help

ANy advice really would make my day as im bored, I hope anyone reading this will respond as this forum can take some time to get responses on topic.

ps i dont mind if the topic strays off to talking about dinosaurs ect but please one bit of help is all i need
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-23-2013, 03:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi easye84,

Can you give a bit more information, such as what sort of setup are you referring to?

Is it computer based and if so what programmes are you using, or are your using a tv and running anaglyph discs for viewing. Are you perhaps taking your own pics and converting them for anaglyph use. Also are you referring to red/cyan or red/blue anaglyph as using the wrong glasses makes a noticeable difference.

Roger
post #3 of 3 Old 02-28-2013, 06:40 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Color desaturation is one of the primary disadvantages of anaglyph systems. The only improvement is by increasing the resolution and sharpness of the images. But, it will never be as good as a side by side, over under, or frame packed stereo format.

Roger is correct that if you are using the wrong colored glasses, like the wrong shade of blue, your stereo effect will have more ghosting, but all 3D, even frame packed can suffer some ghosting if the images were placed too far out of range in the picture for the eyes to handle.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page