Tested the Optoma ZD201 glasses. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-29-2013, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I have several pairs of 3D Heaven Ultra Clears, some True-Depth and a pair of Optoma ZD101, and now have a couple pair of the Optoma ZD201s. My setup is the Optoma HD3300 3D 1080p projector and a 159" Dalite Highpower screen. The Ultra Clears work okay, but have a color shift if you look through the top versus the bottom. The True-Depth has a slight pinkish tint as if it is holding the shutter open longer for each lens--since the pinkish red is used to by the dlplink to sync the glasses. The Optoma ZD201s are clearly (pun intended) the best and a hair brighter than the ZD101s, and more comfortable. However, if you look away from the screen or look down, they momentarily lose sync. The zd101s and others seem to hold the sync much longer when looking away. Although annoying, I will probably use them from now on. They all do pretty well on ghosting and both the ZDs are the best and brightest I've found so far. And yes, the highpower screen is simply amazing--Avatar and Titanic are jawdroppers on that screen. The brightness and clarity can't be beat.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page