Anaglyph/3D downloaded clips on Samsung ES6800 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-02-2013, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys, i just want to experiment something but before i do i wish to clear something in my head.

Yesterday i tried to convert a 2D movie to a 3D by using the 3D mode button which was good but not excellent. I just want to see how good the real 3D clip would look like as i do not own any sort of a player. I see there is something called Side-by-side clips and then Anaglyph clips. Would i be able to view either of these on my television or do i have to download a specific 3D format clip? Sorry if i'm not making any sense but please do ask. Many thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-02-2013, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Anaglyph is usually red/blue or cyan/magenta - terrible old 3D. Side-by-side or frame-packed is what you want. Need more details, like your TV make/model. Do you have 3D glasses - if so what kind?

Converted 2D to 3D is usually not great. You want real 3D movies that were made in 3D for the best effect.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-02-2013, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Cheers for the quick reply mate. Much appreciated.

Thank God i didn't start looking around for the old technology clips.

Yes i have 4 pair of active 3D glasses and the details are as below

TV Make: Samsung
TV Model : UE40ES6800

3D Glasses Model: SSG-4100GB
3D Glassed Model Code: BN96-22902A

Now what is really confusing me is that i tried to search for some 3D clips and what i did find were these terminologies Side-by-Side and Anaglyph but i'm sure when i was testing this television in store, it was not side by side image, it was more of an overlapped image more like the feel of Anaglyph ... so do correct me if im wrong, if my TV supports the side-by-side video and i download one of those clips? do i have to do something special on my TV to make it work with my 3D glasses or do i just simply have to turn them on and off i go?

Sorry i'm so new to this technology but very much appreciate your help on this.
post #4 of 8 Old 04-02-2013, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 116
The Side-By-Side clips will work with your TV, but you will have to manually select that format in the TV's 3D menu. The TV will automatically switch into 3D mode when it detects a frame-packed (or, Full HD 3D) signal from a 3D Blu-ray player. This is the "overlapped" image you saw at the store.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-02-2013, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Not sure how to select that format on my TV's 3D menu but what i do know is that on my TV remote there is a 3D button and when i press that i do have an option of side-by-side but that when i did try was to convert a 2D image to a 3D ... so not sure how to select the side-by-side format when i play the movie ... or do i just simply turn on my 3D glasses and let the glasses and the TV do it's thing by itself?
post #6 of 8 Old 04-02-2013, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

When you press the 3D button, you can select 2D to 3D conversion (which you would only use for standard 2D sources), Side-By-Side (which you would use with any content that shows two identical images next to each other), or Top/Bottom (which you would use for sources with two identical images stacked one on top of the other). Full HD 3D signals, such as those from a Blu-ray player, are detected by the TV causing it to go into 3D mode automatically.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-02-2013, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Good man! i'll give that one a go and will let you know. Thanks dude, much much appreciated.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-02-2013, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Just make sure that 3D Autoview is "ON" (you will find that option under "3D" in the TV's VIDEO menu). This allows the TV to switch to 3D mode automatically when viewing 3D Blu-ray discs.
Reply 3D Tech Talk