3D Advice / Mentoring for my setup. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-10-2013, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi - I have done some reading and while I'm letting it digest I am still unsure and need some direction. Below is a list of my equipment, I do not have a converter yet. The Optoma 3D-XL seems to be very limited every I look on the net. Perhaps there is better technology? Ideally I would like to just play the movies from my Macbook to my projector or from my macbook to my receiver then to projector. Is this even possible, is there a program that would allow me to do this on my mac? I don't mind spending the money for the converter is it's needed and I know I will need glasses as well. I really appreciate any direction and welcome all thoughts.

Optima HD66 (3d ready)
Pioner 1022 (3d ready)
Macbook (Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3)
PS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-11-2013, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
This link may help

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1374236/cheaper-alternative-to-optoma-3dxl-for-hd66-and-other-dlp-projectors
post #3 of 5 Old 04-11-2013, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, that was one of the threads I did in fact read prior to posting. This is greek but I am trying. Please correct me if I am wrong but does the HD66 need a frame sequential 3d image? My macbook plays sbs videos fine through VLC or I can also use Bino to change the image playing. Will any of those resources deliver the hd66 the desired image. Should I just stop wasting time and order the ViewSonic 3D HD Video Processor, Monoprice converter or and Optoma 3d XL if still available anywhere? I like simplicity so that was my reasoning to just hitting play on the macbook at watching the hd66 deliver the good times. If I need the converter box and have to wire all that together then so be it. Since I am a few years behind I was hoping technology was further advanced. Let me know please already...
post #4 of 5 Old 04-12-2013, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
I would buy this:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011408&p_id=8048&seq=1&format=2

That is under $100 and appears to convert side-by-side material to frame sequential needed by your projector. I am not sure if you can output frame sequential from your Apple directly to your projector, but that would be another option. There are tons of software 3D Media players for PCs, but I don't know any for macs.

It seems that you have s-b-s 3d content on your macbook, so the monoprice converter should work for you.

Technology has advanced to make it easier, just buy a new 3D projector and it will accept almost any format. Yours is the older 3D ready variety, which means it only accepts 120hz field sequential files.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-12-2013, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

I appreciate that... thank you for your time and the link.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page