3D glasses for a st-30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-13-2013, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I want to know if there are any compatable 3D glasses for panny ST-30 mfg.2011. I see alot about the 2012 models but none for 2011? Does anyone have experience with any of these? what brand are you using? Do you like them? Any advice and personal experiences with this will be appreaciated. I know they are active 3D. Panasonic are too expensive. Universal brands?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-18-2013, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Xpand are good glasses but I don't like the fact that they are not rechargeable like the OEM Panasonic glasses. Furthermore, the OEM Panasonic glasses feel more comfortable after a few hours of watching movies and the 3D looks better. I know it sucks having to pay more for the OEM Panasonic glasses, but from my experience having both the Xpand and Panasonic 3D glasses, I only use the Panasonic. Shop around online and hopefully you can find a good deal. I purchased mine for $45 each brand new. By the way, my tv is a 2012 WT50 Series.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-23-2013, 05:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 1390
Ive got an ST30 too. I've used the monstervision/optomas, the PS3 glasses, and the OEM Panny's (large). The Panasonics win hands down.

The PS3 glasses are cheap, and get the job done. I find them pretty uncomfortable though, and their tint is a slightly different shade than the OEM - more of a cool grey than a warm.

The monstervisions are comfortable, nice wide lenses, but pretty heavy. The tint is also a cool grey. I tried calibrating with them, and I could never get a satisfying greyscale, especially at the low end.

The Panasonics are super light, and incredibly comfortable. You forget they're even there. They never lose sync despite being IR. Before calibration they tracked closest to 6500K than all the others and I was actually able to get a decent calibration with them - although getting the glasses to actually stay active while I calibrated was a nightmare.

Crosstalk/3d performance on all 3 was basically identical. The PS3s are a good cheap option, but the best regardless of price are def the OEMs. I personally keep that pair for myself. smile.gif

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page