Acer H5360, Nvidia 3D Vision setup PLEASE HELP!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 17 Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys

I decided to post as everyone seems to know what they are talking about on this site. I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me resolve this frustrating issue I'm having mad.gif I have done a ton of research and read every manual and still no luck.

Here is a list of of my current setup

Acer H5360 projector
Sony STR-DH520 AV Reciever
HTPC with Asus GTS 450
Nvidia 3D vision kit
Cyberlink PowerDVD 11

When i purchased the projector originally it came with two pairs of DLP glasses I could not get these to work either. Im sure I had read on here somewhere that it is an easier setup with DLP if you an AMD card. So i decided to take the plunge and cashed out for the Nvidia 3D vision kit expecting it to just work straight out the box but sadly I was mistaken.

I have the projector connected to the sony av reciever via a pure signal 1.4 hdmi cable. I then have the Sony AV receiver connected to the HTPC via HDMI. I have run through the Nvida 3d setup wizard and it successfully detects the Nvidia IR emitter, however it does not detect the Acer projector. All the Nvidia drivers are installed and I have tried enabling the 3d vision mode on the projector but this doesn't seem to make a difference. Iv also noticed that within the resolution selection menu there is no option for 120hz, however if I connect the projector directly to the HTPC and not via the Sony AV receiver 120hz now becomes an option but when you select this the projector loses signal and cannot re-sync the image thus resulting in a required hard reset of the HTPC.

I myself am a technician for HP however I am new to AV receivers and this Sony is the first iv bought but of course I made sure that it supports 3D. I may be doing something wrong but like I said Iv tried nearly everything now.

I really am at a loss now so if anyone can help at all that would be awesome. smile.gif

Cheers

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 04-18-2013, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The projector loses signal, can't resync, and requires a hard reset with a direct connection to PC? That's something I've never encountered. I've had the PC lock up due to feedback from a video capture card, but nothing like you are describing. What kind of cable connects the PC to PJ? Let's leave the receiver out of the loop for now.

Now that I think of it, are you running Lucid in combination with your discrete graphics card?
post #3 of 17 Old 04-19-2013, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Lurkor

Thanks for your reply. This is the cable that is connecting the projector to the graphics card:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110995550909?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm not sure what Lucid is so the answer to your question is no I'm not running lucid.
post #4 of 17 Old 04-19-2013, 06:05 AM

Lucid is a technology that could be enabled in bios, and was fairly common in z68 and z77 mainboards. I've had lock ups with it being enabled hence the question.

http://www.lucidlogix.com/technology-virtual-graphics.html

Your cable looks fine. I can't think of a reason why it is crashing. Sorry, this one is beyond me. Maybe someone else can assist.
post #5 of 17 Old 04-19-2013, 06:36 AM

One last question, are you running multiple displays? If so is your projector a secondary?
post #6 of 17 Old 04-19-2013, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

No I'm only using the projector.
post #7 of 17 Old 04-19-2013, 09:15 AM

I'm not sure how accurate this is since I had lesser cards running 3D, but that was years ago, and maybe things have changed.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-geforce-cards.html
post #8 of 17 Old 04-19-2013, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

OK Judging from what Nvidia said:

GeForce GTS 450 3d gaming is rated as FAIR

So to be honest i might aswell upgrade to one of the Nvidia GTX .

Could you recommend any dont really want to spend over £100 and I will be buying second hand.
post #9 of 17 Old 04-19-2013, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

post #10 of 17 Old 04-19-2013, 10:45 AM

I hate giving advice to a professional tech, but I'm not certain an upgraded card will solve the problem. Something is not kosher in your system, and I have no clue what it could be. There's a thread in the HTPC section of the forums that goes into great detail about 3D builds. You might want to check that out before spending money. It seems those guys have run into just about every possible scenario.
post #11 of 17 Old 04-21-2013, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Things to do.

Try projector directly connected to pc with shortest possible hdmi lead.
The av receiver will loose the signal from the pc because it runs at a different type of 3d.
Get yourself a better graphics card. Look at a gtx 650 or gtx 660 would be better.
If the projector works with a short lead and you need a long lead make sure it's a 24awg rated cable and only get the length you need and no more.
For the audio I run a Sony 7.2 muteki system myself and I plug it into my hdmi port of my gtx Titan and I have my screen plugged into the dvi-d port.
Now I'm almost 100percent sure there is not a gtx card anymore that has more than 1 hdmi port and if there is one it does do hd audio output.
You may need two graphics cards??? But I don't think it will work because the computer will want you to use the top card for audio and video out. I think?
Another option is to buy a sound card that has 7.1 analog out the back and just plug the RCA cables in individually. A lot of cables but.
Maybe just maybe you could use the dvi-d out port from the gtx 660 then connect a dvi-d to hdmi adapter and then run the hdmi cable to your projector. And then you would be free to use the hdmi out port for your audio.

Good luck I've had similar troubles before. I recommend an upgrade of the graphics card though it will help.

Need more help Look me up on overclock.net my name is hatlesschimp

TV: SONY 65" 4K X900 - AVR: DENON AVR x4000 - AMP: ROTEL RMB 1585 5Ch 200w - OPPO 103D BD PLAYER
CENTRE: KEF Q600c - FRONT L/R: KEF Q900 - WIDE FRONT L/R: KEF Q300
SURROUND L/R: KEF Q800DS's - SURROUND BACK L/R: MINX 21's
SUB: SVS PC13-ULTRA
post #12 of 17 Old 04-25-2013, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Guys thanks for your replys once again.

I figured I needed an upgrade on the GPU anyway so I went ahead and ordered this:

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N660-TF-2GD5-OC.html

Will try this out and let you know if it makes a difference.
post #13 of 17 Old 05-01-2013, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

OK guys

GTX 660 turned up yesterday fitted it straight away, no change but wasn’t really expecting one. hatlesschimp I did what you suggested and tried connecting H5360 directly to card with a shorter cable and the Nvidia 3d vision worked a treat smile.gif at least that’s some progress. I realised that the 15m cable that i was using never said anything about 3d support when i purchased even though they said that it was high speed with Ethernet which i assumed was 1.4. Anyway I have ordered a new cable and asked the vendor and he can assure me the new cable will be fine for running the 120hz 3d signal.

I have new come to the conclusion that my Sony STR DH520 Av receiver will not accept a 120 Hz running through it, did alot of research and apparently there aren’t many av receivers that can. Ok I’m fine connecting the projector directly to the graphics card but I would still like to benefit from the running the audio through the AV receiver as it supports DTS True HD. Am i right in saying that this audio signal can only be sent via an hdmi cable?

I don’t think there is anyway to run just audio down an hdmi cable is there?

I’ve tried running hdmi cable to hdmi-dvi connector into the gtx 660

and then a second hdmi cable from the hdmi port on the gtx 660 into the av reciever but I all i get is a desktop background with nothing on it. So im guessing that windows is getting confused and trying to duplicate onto two monitors??? very frustrating.

also been looking at these:

http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_HDAV13_Deluxe/

But I don’t really have another £100 to spare.

Any ideas of any other way I can run the HD audio?
post #14 of 17 Old 05-01-2013, 10:29 AM

It's an easy two step process:

Step one: Right click desktop -->select Windows screen resolution-->Display tab choose Acer 5360 --->check make this my main display box---->done.

Step two: Right click desktop -->select Nividia control panel -->Setup digital audio -->Turn on output to receiver only, others off --->open Windows sound settings on same page-->disable all devices except earlier Nvidia selected hdmi output -->configure and test chosen output -->done.

Optional: Check HDCP status on devices

I went into detail not to be insulting, but someone else might run into this problem. I hope this helps, and have fun in 3D!
post #15 of 17 Old 05-02-2013, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

messed around some more last night thought id cracked it then mad.gif

Ok I connected projector to GPU Via hdmi and connected av reciever via hdmi to dvi converter to GPU.

It was extending the desktop automatically so I used windows key + P to select duplicate monitor.

I was then successfully able to select the Sony av receiver as the sound source from within the nVida control panel. Great!!!

from the screen resolution section in nVidia control panel there is no option for 120hz. However if I use the windows resolution menu there is an option for 120hz click select and apply but as soon as you come out of the menu it resets to 60hz again.
post #16 of 17 Old 05-05-2013, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 64
This would be my plan for setting up the AVR.

1. Install GTX 660 (hardware & Software (get the latest Drivers from NVIDIA website))

2. GTX 660 - HDMI out->HDMI CABLE 1.4a-> HDMI In on AV Reciever

3. GTX 660 - DVI out->DVI to HDMI Adapter - HDMI CABLE-1.3-> HDMI in on H5360

4. Go to NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL
In the side bar under DISPLAY ---Click on----Set up Multiple Displays
You sould see your Monitor and your AV Reciever. Make sure both are ticked.

5. Click on Set up Digital Audio check to see you have
HDMI: AV Reciever

6. Click on OPEN WINDOWS SOUND SETTINGS...
Under the playback tab. Find your AV Reciever on the list and LEFT CLICK to select it then at the bottom of the window Click on SET DEFAULT

7. In the same window Right Click on your AV Reciever and select Configure Speakers. and go through the configuration process. (select 5.1 or 7.1 speakers etc).

Then your setup!

TV: SONY 65" 4K X900 - AVR: DENON AVR x4000 - AMP: ROTEL RMB 1585 5Ch 200w - OPPO 103D BD PLAYER
CENTRE: KEF Q600c - FRONT L/R: KEF Q900 - WIDE FRONT L/R: KEF Q300
SURROUND L/R: KEF Q800DS's - SURROUND BACK L/R: MINX 21's
SUB: SVS PC13-ULTRA
post #17 of 17 Old 05-05-2013, 11:28 AM

After much trial and error, the way I described earlier is the easiest in the long run since some receivers don't play nice with PC's, especially with 120hz thrown in the mix. I've also found that cloned displays don't mix well with some streaming media, which treat PC users like red headed stepchildren to begin with. Disabling unused audio devices can spare you the agony of troubleshooting audio problems down the road as well I've found. Out of sight, out of mind so to speak, as with my luck, if there is a way it can go wrong, it usually will. I'm not suggesting your ways of doing it are wrong, just that I've had bad luck.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Acer H5360 3d Dlp Projector
Gear in this thread - H5360 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page