button on Panasonic 3D glasses seems to have no effect, I can't turn them off - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-27-2013, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This seems so stupid, but I'm stumped. These are the glasses that came with the 2913 Panasonic TC-P55ST60 (I love the set). One is in 2D mode (double red blink every 4 sec) the other is in 3D mode (single red blink every two). Whether TV is on or off, no duration of button pushing seems to have any effect. I can't change mode or turn off or re-register. There are other BT devices around, iPhone, Mac, mouse, PS 3. What the heck is going on? The ?Ehelp on the set did give the breakdown of flashes and what they mean, but just says hold the button in for 2 secs to turn off, it will blink 3 times and power off. I can't make it work. It clicks, I hold it down... nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-20-2013, 11:37 AM

No answer I am afraid.......................I have the exact same problem!
post #3 of 5 Old 05-20-2013, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

I contacted Panasonic support and got a pretty fast reply. The only fix is to take the battery out of the glasses, power off the set, power it back up, put the battery back in and try again. After replacing the battery it worked as its supposed to, so not at all clear what went wrong the first time. There is a help screen for the battery removal, but basically you put a little screwdriver or knife blade in the small slot at the top of the batter compartment and pry and it pops off. Then note the battery orientation, take it out (take both out if you have 2 pairs), then put (both) back with the set powered off.

Just as an aside, another item on this set that confused me was the CATS setting. It should be renamed AUTO-BRIGHTNESS. The default is on, so in the evening the set would suddenly get dimmer (too dim) and it took me a while to find that setting to turn it off. If you could set the amount by which it auto-dimmed that would be fine, but as it is, its too much.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-10-2013, 04:11 PM

I had the same thing happen with mine a couple of times and I discovered the battery removal trick on my own. What I have noticed is that if I don't turn off the glasses after watching 3d content before I turn my set off the glasses stay on like they're trying to search for the television still and you can't interrupt this to turn them off without removal of the battery. Now I make sure to turn them off first and I haven't had to remove the batteries since. Hope this is the same case for everyone else and this works for you. because I found removing the batteries not to be all that easy.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-17-2013, 10:38 AM

Had the same problem today. I was trying for an hour to figure out how the hell to turn the glasses off. I ended up just taking the battery out (wasn't easy). I think the post by denide is accurate...turn off the glasses BEFORE you turn off the tv. You should be good then.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page