do i need an hdmi cable to connect my tv to pc for 3d to work? [dead] - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-05-2013, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey. so i have a dedicated graphics card with dvi output. so in order to connect my samsung 3d tv to my pc i threw on a dvi/vga adapter then vga into the tv itself. the picture looks amazing [especially with 1080p playback] but when i try to play a 3d movie [im using bluray disc suite to merge the two side by side images] it does not allow me to select the side by side 3d option. i can select the 3d conversion option but the side by side is greyed out so i cannot choose it. so i was wondering if someones come across this and can it be quickly fixed by buying a dvi/hdmi adapter and going hdmi into the tv instead of vga?

any thoughts? smile.gif

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-06-2013, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
My thought is that side-by-side is greyed out because the source is not side-by-side. BluRay disks in 3D are frame packed. Without 3D turned on, a side-by-side formatted image should look like this:

Is that what the picture looks like on the screen using your set-up?
post #3 of 3 Old 06-06-2013, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
thanks for the reply. yes, the picture is side by side if i play it in a normal media player like windows media or vlc. but neither has a 'Enable 3D' option so ive been trying cyberlink bluray disc suite which has a 3d button that merges the images. im new to this, so i was hoping it was as simple as the tv not being able to detect the side by side 3d through the vga cable.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page